Senior Financial Analyst, Strategic Finance
The Financial Analyst will be responsible for preparing, analyzing, reviewing, and reporting financial metrics and operating results at a detailed level. In addition, you will assist in multiple accounting functions, including but not limited to the month-end close process, quarterly tax filings & audits, and assist in providing analytical support for quarterly public filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
To succeed as a Financial Analyst, you should be able to perform various financial activities, including planning, analysis, and reporting. You will work with multiple information sources and databases, including revenue, all operating expenses, and payroll. You should also have strong analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills and be able to present financial information and models concisely and efficiently.
The impact you'll make:
- Initial preparation and review of monthly revenue and operating expenses through various analytical procedures, including flux analysis and comparisons to other operating metrics.
- Detailed revenue and operating expenses analysis, including all payroll and personnel-related costs. You will be responsible for a detailed review of the revenue database and operating expenses and provide a detailed explanation for fluctuations period over period
- Financial modeling capabilities highly preferred, with a good understanding of the income statement, balance sheet, and cash flow statement activity
- Tracking KPIs and preparing ad-hoc financial reports
- Assist in monthly accounting close process as needed
- Understanding key business drivers, primarily related to the revenue business model
- Performing research and analysis as required
What you've accomplished:
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or a related field
- Minimum of 3 years experience in investment banking, strategy, FP&A, or other corporate finance experience
- Critical thinking and analytical skills, comfortable working with high-volume database
- Strong financial modeling skills
- Advanced excel skills mandatory (will have assessment tests)
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion & good judgment
- Ability to work independently, strong organizational and multitasking skills
- Detail-oriented and able to perform in a high-pressure environment
The base pay range for this is position is: $90,000 - $116,000
2023 Benefits for Full Time, Regular Employees:
- Medical, Dental & Vision benefits (effective Day 1):
- Employee - employer paid premium 100%
- For plans that offer coverage to your dependents, you pay a small contribution
- Basic Life & AD&D - employer paid 1x salary up to $250,000
- 401(k) Retirement Plan (with employer contribution)
- PTO (3 weeks accrued); 5 sick days
- Supplemental, voluntary benefits
- Family planning/fertility - including up to $10,000 towards cash-pay services
- Student Loan Repayment/529 Education Savings - including a company contribution of up to $1,000/year
- FSA (Medical, Dependent, Transit and Parking)
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Accident Insurance
- Short- and long-term disability Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Company-paid identity theft protection
- Legal services platform
- Paid parental leave
- You get an opportunity to shape the future of the cannabis industry
- You get to play a meaningful role that impacts the wellbeing of others
- Casual work environment, no fancy clothes required, but you are free to dress to the nines!
- Generous PTO and company holidays
- Additional monthly day off for mental health
- Numerous opportunities to learn and grow your professional skills
- Endless opportunities to network and connect with other Weedmappers through speaker series, Employee Resource Groups, happy hours, team celebrations, game nights, and much more!
Weedmaps is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Applicants may be entitled to reasonable accommodations under the terms of the ADA and state/local laws. Please inform us if you need assistance participating in the interview process.
WM Technology, Inc.’s (Nasdaq: MAPS) mission is to power a transparent and inclusive global cannabis economy. Now in its second decade, WM Technology has been a driving force behind much of the legislative change we’ve seen in the past 10 years.
Founded in 2008, WM Technology, is a leading technology and software infrastructure provider to the cannabis industry, comprising a B2C platform, Weedmaps, and B2B software, WM Business. The cloud-based SaaS solutions from WM Business provide an end-to-end operating system for cannabis retailers. WM Business’ tools support compliance with the complex, disparate, and constantly evolving regulations applicable to the cannabis industry. Through its website and mobile apps, WM Technology provides consumers with the latest information about cannabis retailers, brands, and products, facilitating product discovery and driving engagement with our retail and brand customers.
WM Technology holds a strong belief in the power of cannabis and the importance of enabling safe, legal access to consumers worldwide. Since inception, WM Technology has worked tirelessly, not only to become the most comprehensive platform for consumers, but to build the software solutions that power businesses compliantly in the space, to advocate for legalization, social equity, and licensing in many jurisdictions, and to facilitate further learning through partnering with subject matter experts on providing detailed, accurate information about the plant.
Headquartered in Irvine, California, WM Technology supports remote work for all eligible employees. Visit us at www.weedmaps.com.
Notice to prospective Weedmaps job applicants:
Our team has been made aware of incidents involving LinkedIn, Telegram, and Facebook accounts impersonating Weedmaps recruiters. These individuals are attempting to use our company name to solicit payment from prospective candidates interested in applying for jobs at our company. Our team is actively working to combat these attempts, but in the meantime, please be mindful of the following:
- Our recruiters will always communicate with candidates through an @weedmaps.com email address.
- CORRECT: email@example.com
- INCORRECT: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Our recruiters will NEVER ask for or attempt to solicit payment from applicants in order to apply, interview, or work for Weedmaps.
- If you are interested in a role at Weedmaps, please apply through our established channels.
If you are unsure if a communication is legitimate, please contact our recruitment team at email@example.com and they will happily confirm for you. Thank you for your vigilance and we appreciate your interest in working with us!