Senior Product Marketing Manager
If you are a team player, a strategic thinker, eager to help brands grow via transformation of the cannabis martech industry, and excel at delivering results through collaboration, then this is the role for you. We are currently seeking an experienced Senior Product Marketing Manager with deep understanding of the competitive landscape across Adtech & Martech and evolving value propositions to drive seamless cannabis Brand marketer experiences at the intersection of marketing, digital and customer experience.
The Sr. Product Marketing Manager - Brands at Weedmaps develops, drives, and owns end-to-end marketing strategies to achieve enterprise revenue and adoption goals for the WM brands portfolio of products and services. You will quarterback a complete marketing experience that creates awareness, engagement, and sustained adoption of Weedmaps Brand products and consumer experience, from discovery to engagement to conversion to retention, in partnership with talented partners across the Weedmaps organization. You are results-driven, with a track record of establishing short- and long-term market and product growth goals, then executing operating plans to achieve them.
Weedmaps is the Cloud platform powering the Cannabis industry. We help millions of consumers learn about and find Cannabis and thousands of organizations empower their employees, serve their customers, and build what’s next for their Cannabis business, whether they are a grower, manufacturer/brand, retailer or consumer. Our products are engineered for security, reliability, and scalability, running the full stack from application infrastructure to end user devices. Our teams are dedicated to helping our customers, medical institutions and government agencies see the benefits of an industry platform. We are currently used by more than 10,000 enterprises and 12 million consumers on a monthly basis.
The impact you'll make:
- Develop GTM strategy & marketing playbook for WM Brands products, including core product positioning, key value propositions, messaging, and a portfolio of winning claims.
- Develop targeted and meaningful content, product positioning and messaging that differentiates WM products from competitors in the martech space.
- Develop the strategy and manage the marketing programs that drive demand within the industry, working across multiple marketing channels and partners and both B2B and B2C audiences
- Work with sales and marketing communications teams to develop Thought Leadership and increase awareness of our platform with key personas and influencers.
- Work closely with the sales team to develop & deliver sales tools, training, and pricing strategies.
- Drive key product marketing and publicity moments for WM Brands in coordination with the internal brand, marketing operations, and PR teams.
- Evangelize our solutions at conferences, tradeshows, and with Brand customers, leading PR engagements to build and retain thought leadership in the Martech space in partnership with PR
- Engage online communities and social media, leveraging your technical marketing and thought leadership content to generate MQLs in existing and new markets.
- Understand market nuances and implement insights into development of scalable, multi-state strategies and programs.
- Spearhead market intelligence through in-depth industry and competitive analysis, while consistently devising programs that outpace the competition.
- Coordinate with key stakeholders to ensure the smooth role out of content, tools, and processes.
- Own, improve, and report on the frameworks for optimizing key enterprise performance metrics as well as product experience and campaign effectiveness results
What you've accomplished:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- 6+ years of industry experience in B2B tech product marketing
- Understanding of consumer marketing and ecomm frameworks and tools
- Understanding of CPG or branded product marketing environments, needs, and tools
- Function-specific marketing experience (e.g. research, messaging, positioning, branding, creative development, campaign strategy and execution)
- Familiarity with CRM systems (Salesforce.com or similar), marketing automation tools (Marketo or similar) and tracking tools to assess campaign effectiveness.
- Strong upward and project management skills, with experience developing and executing marketing strategies successfully while collaborating cross-functionally and building consensus.
- Successful track record of planning and rolling out large-scale/global marketing campaigns and ability to identify and implement scalable process improvements using a data-driven approach.
- Proven problem-solving and analytical capabilities. Proven ability to develop creative/non-traditional solutions for challenging, undefined problems.
- Passion for working with technology products and solving consumer needs.
- Excellent communication skills in business and technical situations.
- Consumer marketplace experience
- Cannabis brands experience
Our 2022 Benefits:
- Medical, Dental & Vision benefits (effective Day1):
- Employee - employer paid premium 100%
- Dependent - employer paid premium 80%
- HMO - Kaiser & Anthem
- PPO and HDHP with HSA - Anthem
- Basic Life & AD&D - employer paid 1x salary
- 401(k) Retirement Plan (with employer contribution)
- PTO (3 weeks accrued); 5 sick days
- Supplemental, voluntary benefits
- Kindbody (family planning/fertility) including up to $10,000 towards cash-pay services
- Goodly (Student Loan Repayment/529 Education Savings) including a company contribution of up to $1,000/year
- FSA (Medical, Dependent, Transit and Parking)
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Accident Insurance
- Short- and long-term disability Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Company-paid identity theft protection
- Rocket Lawyer legal services platform
- Paid parental leave
- Reimbursements for home office setup and monthly WiFi
- You get to play a meaningful role in the future of cannabis and how it’s regarded globally
- Catered lunches provided while working in the office and curated snack boxes delivered to your door when working at home
- Casual work environment, read no fancy clothes required, but you are free to dress to the nines!
- Generous PTO and company holidays
- Endless opportunities to network and connect with your fellow Weedmappers through education and speaker series, Employee Resource Groups, happy hours, team celebrations, game nights and much more!
Weedmaps is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. We are looking for the smartest and most passionate people who want to join our team and develop the services, systems, and marketplaces that will serve the marijuana industry in the decades to come. Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Applicants may be entitled to reasonable accommodations under the terms of the ADA and state/local laws. Please inform us if you need assistance participating in the interview process.
WM Technology, Inc.’s (Nasdaq: MAPS) mission is to power a transparent and inclusive global cannabis economy. Now in its second decade, WM Technology has been a driving force behind much of the legislative change we’ve seen in the past 10 years.
Founded in 2008, WM Technology, is a leading technology and software infrastructure provider to the cannabis industry, comprising a B2C platform, Weedmaps, and B2B software, WM Business. The cloud-based SaaS solutions from WM Business provide an end-to-end operating system for cannabis retailers. WM Business’ tools support compliance with the complex, disparate, and constantly evolving regulations applicable to the cannabis industry. Through its website and mobile apps, WM Technology provides consumers with the latest information about cannabis retailers, brands, and products, facilitating product discovery and driving engagement with our retail and brand customers.
WM Technology holds a strong belief in the power of cannabis and the importance of enabling safe, legal access to consumers worldwide. Since inception, WM Technology has worked tirelessly, not only to become the most comprehensive platform for consumers, but to build the software solutions that power businesses compliantly in the space, to advocate for legalization, social equity, and licensing in many jurisdictions, and to facilitate further learning through partnering with subject matter experts on providing detailed, accurate information about the plant.
Headquartered in Irvine, California, WM Technology supports remote work for all eligible employees. Visit us at www.weedmaps.com.