You will be weaving Weedmaps into the fabric of local scenes and creating/executing a fully integrated, 360-degree field marketing plan that includes pioneering experiential event activations at regional events, effective sales support activities, highly visible local media placements, and meaningful influencer engagement that reinforces the brand’s authenticity as a category leader. Your day-to-day will be spent in the field executing dispensary visits and collaborating with Influencers while simultaneously managing your budgets, recapping your in-market activities and communicating effectively with other members of the Weedmaps family. You will also have the opportunity to recruit, train, manage, and regional street teams.
- Lead regional field marketing efforts including developing market-level plans that support Weedmaps’ brand priorities.
- Identify, source, manage, and execute experiential / event / brand partnerships
- Identifying vendors for event activations and partners for high-impact media placements
- Developing content + marketing communications plans
- Budget management and post-event analysis.
- Partner with sales by identifying and visiting dispensaries, doctors and brands in your region, supporting Customer events (as appropriate) and developing exciting “Kickback with Weedmaps” programming that deepen our relationships within the cannabis community.
- Manage, track, analyze and report on regional field marketing activations cross-functionally between relevant departments and communicate the results, successes and recommendations for improvement.
- Recruit, train, manage an engaged unit of street teams in your region and recap / report their results.
- Be an expert in local market activities, legal regulatory environment, competitive intelligence and cannabis consumer trends
- Provide market level insight to Marketing, Sales, PR, Government Relations + Social Media teams.
- Extensive knowledge, passion + connections within the world of weed
- 3-5+ years of experience in field marketing and/or experiential event management
- Ability to think critically and exercise independent judgment and discretion to develop an effective Field Marketing plan for their region based on Weedmaps overall brand strategy
- Can successfully manage multiple projects and competing priorities while collaborating with various team members to deliver quality work on time.
- Excellent networking and relationship building skills with an ability to engage and interact with all level(s) of customers + consumers.
- Expert organization skills and great attention to detail with a high level of personal initiative, accountability and follow-through
- Results oriented and solution focused
- Flexible schedule and ability to travel up to 50% of the time (some nights and weekends are required to activate events + partnerships)
- Strong cross-functional team leader
- Project management experience
- Previous cannabis, liquor, tobacco Field Marketing experience
Our 2022 Benefits:
- Medical, Dental & Vision benefits (effective Day1):
- Employee - employer paid premium 100%
- Dependent - employer paid premium 80%
- HMO - Kaiser & Anthem
- PPO and HDHP with HSA - Anthem
- Basic Life & AD&D - employer paid 1x salary
- 401(k) Retirement Plan (with employer contribution)
- PTO (3 weeks accrued); 5 sick days
- Supplemental, voluntary benefits
- Kindbody (family planning/fertility) including up to $10,000 towards cash-pay services
- Goodly (Student Loan Repayment/529 Education Savings) including a company contribution of up to $1,000/year
- FSA (Medical, Dependent, Transit and Parking)
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Accident Insurance
- Short- and long-term disability Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Company-paid identity theft protection
- Rocket Lawyer legal services platform
- Paid parental leave
- Reimbursements for home office setup and monthly WiFi
- You get to play a meaningful role in the future of cannabis and how it’s regarded globally
- Catered lunches provided while working in the office and curated snack boxes delivered to your door when working at home
- Casual work environment, read no fancy clothes required, but you are free to dress to the nines!
- Generous PTO and company holidays
- Endless opportunities to network and connect with your fellow Weedmappers through education and speaker series, Employee Resource Groups, happy hours, team celebrations, game nights and much more!
Weedmaps is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. We are looking for the smartest and most passionate people who want to join our team and develop the services, systems, and marketplaces that will serve the marijuana industry in the decades to come. Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Applicants may be entitled to reasonable accommodations under the terms of the ADA and state/local laws. Please inform us if you need assistance participating in the interview process.
WM Technology, Inc.’s (Nasdaq: MAPS) mission is to power a transparent and inclusive global cannabis economy. Now in its second decade, WM Technology has been a driving force behind much of the legislative change we’ve seen in the past 10 years.
Founded in 2008, WM Technology, is a leading technology and software infrastructure provider to the cannabis industry, comprising a B2C platform, Weedmaps, and B2B software, WM Business. The cloud-based SaaS solutions from WM Business provide an end-to-end operating system for cannabis retailers. WM Business’ tools support compliance with the complex, disparate, and constantly evolving regulations applicable to the cannabis industry. Through its website and mobile apps, WM Technology provides consumers with the latest information about cannabis retailers, brands, and products, facilitating product discovery and driving engagement with our retail and brand customers.
WM Technology holds a strong belief in the power of cannabis and the importance of enabling safe, legal access to consumers worldwide. Since inception, WM Technology has worked tirelessly, not only to become the most comprehensive platform for consumers, but to build the software solutions that power businesses compliantly in the space, to advocate for legalization, social equity, and licensing in many jurisdictions, and to facilitate further learning through partnering with subject matter experts on providing detailed, accurate information about the plant.
Headquartered in Irvine, California, WM Technology supports remote work for all eligible employees. Visit us at www.weedmaps.com.