Senior Systems Security Engineer (Remote)
The Information Security team at Weedmaps works collaboratively throughout the entire organization to align Information Security to the business and enable continued growth. Weedmaps is looking for a Sr Systems Security Engineer to join our expanding team. As a Sr Systems Security Engineer, you would ensure the Security of Weedmaps's products and services by focusing security readiness on our infrastructure, internal systems, and development lifecycle.
The impact you'll make:
- Design and implement multilevel security strategies to protect networks and data resources.
- Plan computer and network security upgrades and test hardware and software related to the upgrade.
- Address technical problems related to applications and production equipment.
- Respond to intrusions using expertise in computer forensics.
- Anticipate future problem areas by monitoring workflows and network traffic patterns.
- Maintaining and creating secure development best practices and programs for our engineering teams
- Identify risks in software architecture, and internal development processes
- Evaluate, analyze, and reproduce security vulnerabilities reported by internal tools, internal engineers, security researchers, partners, and customers. Partner with devops and devsecops teams to ensure they address these vulnerabilities in our products and services
- Institute Security training and outreach to Weedmaps engineering teams
- Provide guidance on relevant application security industry standards and practices such as OWASP, SANS, CWE, CWSS, CVE, CVSS, etc.
- Partner with multiple engineering stakeholders to evangelize security, assist in developing security controls into engineering pipelines, and remediate security issues from internal, and third- party assessments
- Build new tools into our Security program, which includes automation of processes to make security testing more effective and efficient.
- Take part in helping develop the maturity of Weedmaps's security organization
- Assist the Information Security team in gaining industry-recognized certifications such as ISO 27001, SOC, PCI DSS
What you've accomplished:
- You have 5+ years of experience working on a security team performing technical security assessments on modern systems architecture (Kubernetes, AWS, Docker, CI/CD pipelines)
- Strong familiarity with containers and container orchestration/scheduling (eg. Docker, ECS, Rancher, Kubernetes)
- Experience integrating security into CI/CD pipelines
- Understanding of Agile software development methods and familiarity with enterprise. productivity tools such as JIRA, and Confluence
- Experience instituting organizational change with respect to security
- Effective communicator to multiple audiences both verbally as well as orally
- B.S. in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent experience
- Must have experience in a large web-scale or technology company
- Experience and familiarity with NIST, PCI, et. al. frameworks
- Familiarity with Weedmaps products and services is a plus
- Experience with bug bounty programs
- Experience with CDNs such as Fastly, Cloudflare, CloudFront, Akamai
Our 2022 Benefits:
- Medical, Dental & Vision benefits (effective Day1):
- Employee - employer paid premium 100%
- Dependent - employer paid premium 80%
- HMO - Kaiser & Anthem
- PPO and HDHP with HSA - Anthem
- Basic Life & AD&D - employer paid 1x salary
- 401(k) Retirement Plan (with employer contribution)
- PTO (3 weeks accrued); 5 sick days
- Supplemental, voluntary benefits
- Kindbody (family planning/fertility) including up to $10,000 towards cash-pay services
- Goodly (Student Loan Repayment/529 Education Savings) including a company contribution of up to $1,000/year
- FSA (Medical, Dependent, Transit and Parking)
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Accident Insurance
- Short- and long-term disability Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Company-paid identity theft protection
- Rocket Lawyer legal services platform
- Paid parental leave
- Reimbursements for home office setup and monthly WiFi
- You get to play a meaningful role in the future of cannabis and how it’s regarded globally
- Catered lunches provided while working in the office and curated snack boxes delivered to your door when working at home
- Casual work environment, read no fancy clothes required, but you are free to dress to the nines!
- Generous PTO and company holidays
- Endless opportunities to network and connect with your fellow Weedmappers through education and speaker series, Employee Resource Groups, happy hours, team celebrations, game nights and much more!
Weedmaps is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. We are looking for the smartest and most passionate people who want to join our team and develop the services, systems, and marketplaces that will serve the marijuana industry in the decades to come. Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Applicants may be entitled to reasonable accommodations under the terms of the ADA and state/local laws. Please inform us if you need assistance participating in the interview process.
WM Technology, Inc.’s (Nasdaq: MAPS) mission is to power a transparent and inclusive global cannabis economy. Now in its second decade, WM Technology has been a driving force behind much of the legislative change we’ve seen in the past 10 years.
Founded in 2008, WM Technology, is a leading technology and software infrastructure provider to the cannabis industry, comprising a B2C platform, Weedmaps, and B2B software, WM Business. The cloud-based SaaS solutions from WM Business provide an end-to-end operating system for cannabis retailers. WM Business’ tools support compliance with the complex, disparate, and constantly evolving regulations applicable to the cannabis industry. Through its website and mobile apps, WM Technology provides consumers with the latest information about cannabis retailers, brands, and products, facilitating product discovery and driving engagement with our retail and brand customers.
WM Technology holds a strong belief in the power of cannabis and the importance of enabling safe, legal access to consumers worldwide. Since inception, WM Technology has worked tirelessly, not only to become the most comprehensive platform for consumers, but to build the software solutions that power businesses compliantly in the space, to advocate for legalization, social equity, and licensing in many jurisdictions, and to facilitate further learning through partnering with subject matter experts on providing detailed, accurate information about the plant.
Headquartered in Irvine, California, WM Technology supports remote work for all eligible employees. Visit us at www.weedmaps.com.