Vice President, Product Management - Consumer
As Vice President, Product Management, you'll own and drive the overall product strategy to deliver and scale the Weedmaps Consumer Marketplace portfolio of products to achieve high-growth business goals. You’ll partner with your peers in business and engineering to ensure the product development organization is continually developing and executing against the product roadmaps in service of business targets and KPI’s. The Weedmaps portfolio ranges from point-of-sale systems to logistics & fleet management to our consumer marketplace platform and this role will lead the strategy and execution across all product lines. You will be responsible for leading the Product that are driving the roadmaps to deliver a scalable, reliable, secure and highly performant B2C platform using best modern software development practices. You will ensure our product roadmap is flexible to allow for our growth into new business lines while expanding our current offerings. Ultimately you will be responsible for ensuring the broad range of products that make up the Weedmaps Business portfolio are not only best in class within their domain but also come together seamlessly to create a unified experience for our customers and clients.
This is a strategic role that requires strong partnership with other functions across the company. You'll partner with other leaders to translate product vision into strategic and technological business decisions. You'll drive accountability and metrics ownership to translate strategy into results. Lastly, you'll align and inspire your organization by effectively communicating the strategy and driving the team to success.
The impact you'll make:
- Work with the senior leadership team to define the company’s short- and long-term product and business vision
- Transform our high level business vision and goals into a Product vision encompassing all our current and future offerings with clarity on how we capture the mind and hearts of our clients with our software which will hit our business targets
- Clearly communicate updates, assumptions, setbacks and metrics to various stakeholders and executives
- Serve as internal champion for product vision – own long-term product strategy and drive the strategic prioritization of projects within a product line
- Partner with Engineering leadership to establish alignment and efficiency across product and engineering teams
- Build and manage a team of Product Managers & Designers and oversee planning and recruitment for all product roles
- Develop industry expertise to be able to contextualize the value and positioning of any given feature and maintain a strong awareness of our customer utilizing quantitative and qualitative data to make informed strategic product decisions
- Analyze and synthesize broad, cross-business or cross-discipline information that leads to breakthroughs or significant insight
- Drive a culture with relentless attention to delivering value to our customers and clients. A healthy obsession with maximizing metrics, analytics and data to showcase value to all stakeholders and clients.
What you've accomplished:
- Equivalent of 8+ years of product management or similar experience in enterprise software or a related software industry
- Proven leadership and results in a fast-paced, high-growth B2B SaaS business as evidenced by a track record of market share gaining products and product leadership
- Proven ability to excite, inspire, and lead a successful cross-functional team; experience hiring and leading a large & multi-layered team of product managers
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including experience in high-level business discussions and low-level technical discussions to drive alignment & bring clarity to the overall vision
- Solid visual communication skills including the ability to create and deliver a great story in multiple formats
- Strong user experience focus & appreciation for effective interface design in a complex, and highly dynamic software environment
- Deep understanding of product analytics, user & customer research and business cases to drive decisions and improve products
- Experience working in a fast scaling SaaS environment expected
- Experience working in enterprise, double-sided marketplaces, ecommerce, , or similar industries preferred
Our 2022 Benefits:
- Medical, Dental & Vision benefits (effective Day1):
- Employee - employer paid premium 100%
- Dependent - employer paid premium 80%
- HMO - Kaiser & Anthem
- PPO and HDHP with HSA - Anthem
- Basic Life & AD&D - employer paid 1x salary
- 401(k) Retirement Plan (with employer contribution)
- PTO (3 weeks accrued); 5 sick days
- Supplemental, voluntary benefits
- Kindbody (family planning/fertility) including up to $10,000 towards cash-pay services
- BenefitEd (Student Loan Repayment/529 Education Savings) including a company contribution of up to $1,000/year
- FSA (Medical, Dependent, Transit and Parking)
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Accident Insurance
- Short- and long-term disability Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Company-paid identity theft protection
- Rocket Lawyer legal services platform
- Paid parental leave
- Reimbursements for home office setup and monthly WiFi
- You get to play a meaningful role in the future of cannabis and how it’s regarded globally
- Catered lunches provided while working in the office
- Casual work environment, read no fancy clothes required, but you are free to dress to the nines!
- Generous PTO and company holidays
- Endless opportunities to network and connect with your fellow Weedmappers through education and speaker series, Employee Resource Groups, happy hours, team celebrations, game nights and much more!
Weedmaps is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. We are looking for the smartest and most passionate people who want to join our team and develop the services, systems, and marketplaces that will serve the marijuana industry in the decades to come. Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Applicants may be entitled to reasonable accommodations under the terms of the ADA and state/local laws. Please inform us if you need assistance participating in the interview process.
WM Technology, Inc.’s (Nasdaq: MAPS) mission is to power a transparent and inclusive global cannabis economy. Now in its second decade, WM Technology has been a driving force behind much of the legislative change we’ve seen in the past 10 years.
Founded in 2008, WM Technology, is a leading technology and software infrastructure provider to the cannabis industry, comprising a B2C platform, Weedmaps, and B2B software, WM Business. The cloud-based SaaS solutions from WM Business provide an end-to-end operating system for cannabis retailers. WM Business’ tools support compliance with the complex, disparate, and constantly evolving regulations applicable to the cannabis industry. Through its website and mobile apps, WM Technology provides consumers with the latest information about cannabis retailers, brands, and products, facilitating product discovery and driving engagement with our retail and brand customers.
WM Technology holds a strong belief in the power of cannabis and the importance of enabling safe, legal access to consumers worldwide. Since inception, WM Technology has worked tirelessly, not only to become the most comprehensive platform for consumers, but to build the software solutions that power businesses compliantly in the space, to advocate for legalization, social equity, and licensing in many jurisdictions, and to facilitate further learning through partnering with subject matter experts on providing detailed, accurate information about the plant.
Headquartered in Irvine, California, WM Technology supports remote work for all eligible employees. Visit us at www.weedmaps.com.