Senior Director, Product Marketing
The role of the Senior Director of Product Marketing is to be a strategic marketing leader, who can not only help drive the marketing team forward through functional excellence, but who can also be a key cross-functional partner who can help drive operational maturity when it comes to marketing , product and go to market development. A successful candidate should be able to quickly ramp up on our unique business and work with the CMO, their peers, team and cross-functional stakeholders to advance key business priorities to achieve aggressive goals.
The initial area of focus for the role is to drive our product marketing function across both B2B & B2C to ensure we have the right products and services for both our consumers and clients, and that we are making the value we provide both evident and undeniable through effective go-to-market strategies. In this role you will be expected to lead a team of high performing marketers to build a deep understanding of the industry, our customers and consumers and use that knowledge to work cross-functionally to build world-class B2B & B2C products and get them to market in the most effective manner to further our mission to power a transparent and inclusive global cannabis economy. The Sr. Director that leads this team will play a critical role in defining how we do this, what we prioritize, and leading the teams that execute on the vision and we will look to them to put the right processes in place for the function to scale.
As a strategic leader of the organization, your role will require you to work collaboratively across the rest of the Marketing org, Revenue, Operations, Government Relations and Product teams to help identify and tackle key market opportunities based on a deep, data-driven understanding of markets and consumer behavior.
Weedmaps is the market leader in the rapidly emerging cannabis technology industry. Our platform connects cannabis consumers, dispensaries, doctors and brands to each other and provides a single source of accurate information for the industry. We help millions of consumers learn about and find Cannabis and thousands of organizations empower their employees, serve their customers, and build what’s next for their Cannabis business.
The impact you’ll make:
- Oversee all of our B2C and B2B Product Marketing’s functions, creating a structured approach to reach key business objectives.
- Refine and drive the execution of the role of Product Marketing in the product development cycle, to contribute to key business goals.
- Hire, manage and develop a world class team of strategic product marketers.
- Drive coordination of research, business opportunity identification and go-to-market strategy across our client and consumer businesses.
- Provide data-driven insights across the broader Weedmaps organization of key opportunities to marry consumer and business realities in the market.
- Provide strategic counsel to the CMO and executive team on key go-to-market opportunities across key business priorities.
- Establish and manage processes for setting, tracking and reporting on objectives and key results at the funcion, team and individual level.
- Create and instill clear strategic marketing and product marketing principles across the organization
What you’ve accomplished:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Masters or MBA in business, management or a related field.
- 10+ years work experience in marketing, business or sales operations
- Proven track record of owning a product’s end to end performance through defining business needs and executing effective root cause analyses.
- Experience evaluating new monetization opportunities and recommending pricing and packaging solutions
- Experience scaling marketing, research and go to market projects internationally in the context of a high growth technology company
- Proven ability to hire, manage and develop product marketing teams at scale while removing roadblocks for optimal execution
- Experience leading cross-functional teams to achievement of strategic objectives across marketing and/or sales and product orgs
- Ability to deliver high-quality work while managing multiple projects
- Ability to quickly identify trending issues and create plans to address
- Exceptional ability to work under pressure and maintain good judgment in fast-paced, high-stress environments
- Strong communication skills, and ability to clearly articulate complex business issues to different stakeholders.
- Experience across the full marketing function set including Brand Marketing, Growth Marketing, Social and other channels
- Experience working with B2B and B2C products as well as with small and large clients
- Lead end-to-end launch process, from product selection to go-to-market strategies focused on the consumer journey to include mobile first, social first, and consumer first mindset
- Ability to build strong teams while also being able to deliver and work through others across the enterprise
- Ability to interact with executives with confidence, and to provide advice on their business priorities that reflect an understanding of their function
- Thought leadership and passion necessary to shape a compelling vision of Weedmaps in the industry
- Excellent written and oral communication and visual presentation skills
Our 2022 Benefits:
- Medical, Dental & Vision benefits (effective Day1):
- Employee - employer paid premium 100%
- Dependent - employer paid premium 80%
- HMO - Kaiser & Anthem
- PPO and HDHP with HSA - Anthem
- Basic Life & AD&D - employer paid 1x salary
- 401(k) Retirement Plan (with employer contribution)
- PTO (3 weeks accrued); 5 sick days
- Supplemental, voluntary benefits
- Kindbody (family planning/fertility) including up to $10,000 towards cash-pay services
- Goodly (Student Loan Repayment/529 Education Savings) including a company contribution of up to $1,000/year
- FSA (Medical, Dependent, Transit and Parking)
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Accident Insurance
- Short- and long-term disability Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Company-paid identity theft protection
- Rocket Lawyer legal services platform
- Paid parental leave
- Reimbursements for home office setup and monthly WiFi
- You get to play a meaningful role in the future of cannabis and how it’s regarded globally
- Catered lunches provided while working in the office and curated snack boxes delivered to your door when working at home
- Casual work environment, read no fancy clothes required, but you are free to dress to the nines!
- Generous PTO and company holidays
- Endless opportunities to network and connect with your fellow Weedmappers through education and speaker series, Employee Resource Groups, happy hours, team celebrations, game nights and much more!
Weedmaps is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. We are looking for the smartest and most passionate people who want to join our team and develop the services, systems, and marketplaces that will serve the marijuana industry in the decades to come. Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Applicants may be entitled to reasonable accommodations under the terms of the ADA and state/local laws. Please inform us if you need assistance participating in the interview process.
WM Technology, Inc.’s (Nasdaq: MAPS) mission is to power a transparent and inclusive global cannabis economy. Now in its second decade, WM Technology has been a driving force behind much of the legislative change we’ve seen in the past 10 years.
Founded in 2008, WM Technology, is a leading technology and software infrastructure provider to the cannabis industry, comprising a B2C platform, Weedmaps, and B2B software, WM Business. The cloud-based SaaS solutions from WM Business provide an end-to-end operating system for cannabis retailers. WM Business’ tools support compliance with the complex, disparate, and constantly evolving regulations applicable to the cannabis industry. Through its website and mobile apps, WM Technology provides consumers with the latest information about cannabis retailers, brands, and products, facilitating product discovery and driving engagement with our retail and brand customers.
WM Technology holds a strong belief in the power of cannabis and the importance of enabling safe, legal access to consumers worldwide. Since inception, WM Technology has worked tirelessly, not only to become the most comprehensive platform for consumers, but to build the software solutions that power businesses compliantly in the space, to advocate for legalization, social equity, and licensing in many jurisdictions, and to facilitate further learning through partnering with subject matter experts on providing detailed, accurate information about the plant.
Headquartered in Irvine, California, WM Technology supports remote work for all eligible employees. Visit us at www.weedmaps.com.