Senior Manager, Investor Relations
As a member of the strategic finance team at WM Technology, Inc. (“WM Tech”), you will play a crucial role within the Investor Relations function and also assist on the Corporate Development and Treasury functions. The Investor Relations position is expected to be a key contributor to the investor relations function, working closely with the VP of Investor Relations and CFO on the execution of the investor relations program, including the strategy, planning, and external communication with the investment community. As a newly publicly listed Nasdaq company, we are seeking a leader who can help scale this function at Weedmaps.
The impact you'll make:
- Assist in the implementation of the investor targeting strategy and framework
- Help scale WM Tech’s technology narrative by distilling and repackaging marketing's narrative for the investor community
- Develop and maintain strong relationships between internal and external stakeholders
- Help develop investor relations messages based on operational and business performance through ongoing contacts with company management and business and finance teams
- Co-manage earnings call process including developing the earnings release, earnings script, earnings slides, earnings book, Q&A materials, and other documents as needed.
- Field inbound emails/calls from the investment community
- Oversee analysis and presentation of feedback of investors' perceptions, brokerage security analysts' positions and summaries, relative stock price movements, and periodic ownership analysis
- Help create presentations, press releases, and other communication materials for earnings releases, industry events, and presentations to analysts, brokers, and investors
- Review annual reports, SEC filings, and proxy statements
- Monitor financial analyst reports and summarize for senior management
- Help coordinate investor conferences, investor roadshows, earnings conference calls, financial press releases, and investor meetings
- Develop and maintain robust understanding of business drivers and metrics
- Support various ad hoc financial analytics including comparative analyses vs. peer groups
- Prepare consensus summary and reporting including a summary of risks and opportunities in consensus
- Review sell-side models and research reports and summarize for management
- Develop and share competitive earnings summaries for senior management
- Conduct targeting and identify new prospective investors
- Collaborate with Finance, Accounting, Treasury, Legal, and outside counsel on periodic SEC fili
- Support the Corporate Development and Treasury functions, as needed
What you've accomplished:
- Bachelor's degree required
- 2-4+ years of relevant experience in Investor Relations at a public company, preferably in the technology space or in an Investor Relations advisory role
- Strong financial modeling / analytical skills and PowerPoint / Google Sheets proficiency
- Demonstrated success in cross-functional collaboration
- Ability to independently drive projects; motivated to learn all aspects of our business
- Fully embraces and thrives in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Ability to be a thought-partner with senior leaders
- Great communication skills, well organized, strong project management skills, ability to multitask and be a team player
Our 2022 Benefits:
- Medical, Dental & Vision benefits (effective Day1):
- Employee - employer paid premium 100%
- Dependent - employer paid premium 80%
- HMO - Kaiser & Anthem
- PPO and HDHP with HSA - Anthem
- Basic Life & AD&D - employer paid 1x salary
- 401(k) Retirement Plan (with employer contribution)
- PTO (3 weeks accrued); 5 sick days
- Supplemental, voluntary benefits
- Kindbody (family planning/fertility) including up to $10,000 towards cash-pay services
- Goodly (Student Loan Repayment/529 Education Savings) including a company contribution of up to $1,000/year
- FSA (Medical, Dependent, Transit and Parking)
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- Accident Insurance
- Short- and long-term disability Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Company-paid identity theft protection
- Rocket Lawyer legal services platform
- Paid parental leave
- Reimbursements for home office setup and monthly WiFi
- You get to play a meaningful role in the future of cannabis and how it’s regarded globally
- Catered lunches provided while working in the office and curated snack boxes delivered to your door when working at home
- Casual work environment, read no fancy clothes required, but you are free to dress to the nines!
- Generous PTO and company holidays
- Endless opportunities to network and connect with your fellow Weedmappers through education and speaker series, Employee Resource Groups, happy hours, team celebrations, game nights and much more!
Weedmaps is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. We are looking for the smartest and most passionate people who want to join our team and develop the services, systems, and marketplaces that will serve the marijuana industry in the decades to come. Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Applicants may be entitled to reasonable accommodations under the terms of the ADA and state/local laws. Please inform us if you need assistance participating in the interview process.
WM Technology, Inc.’s (Nasdaq: MAPS) mission is to power a transparent and inclusive global cannabis economy. Now in its second decade, WM Technology has been a driving force behind much of the legislative change we’ve seen in the past 10 years.
Founded in 2008, WM Technology, is a leading technology and software infrastructure provider to the cannabis industry, comprising a B2C platform, Weedmaps, and B2B software, WM Business. The cloud-based SaaS solutions from WM Business provide an end-to-end operating system for cannabis retailers. WM Business’ tools support compliance with the complex, disparate, and constantly evolving regulations applicable to the cannabis industry. Through its website and mobile apps, WM Technology provides consumers with the latest information about cannabis retailers, brands, and products, facilitating product discovery and driving engagement with our retail and brand customers.
WM Technology holds a strong belief in the power of cannabis and the importance of enabling safe, legal access to consumers worldwide. Since inception, WM Technology has worked tirelessly, not only to become the most comprehensive platform for consumers, but to build the software solutions that power businesses compliantly in the space, to advocate for legalization, social equity, and licensing in many jurisdictions, and to facilitate further learning through partnering with subject matter experts on providing detailed, accurate information about the plant.
Headquartered in Irvine, California, WM Technology supports remote work for all eligible employees. Visit us at www.weedmaps.com.