As a Product Analyst, you will play a key role within the organization by using a data-driven approach to make strategic recommendations and drive understanding of our fast-growing business. You will be a key member of the team that Product looks to for insights and strategic direction on how users interact across the Weedmaps ecosystem. In this role, you will be responsible for analyzing users interactions with Weedmaps, implementing event tagging, and making product recommendations based on data driven insights.
You are a self-starter, independent thinker, deeply analytical and detailed-oriented, and capable of working in a structured manner to thrive in ambiguity. You have a tendency to roll up your sleeves, slice and dice massive sets of information, and build solutions to problems that have not been taken on yet. Understanding how to improve user experience through data is second nature to you.
- Analyze user flows and funnels and make recommendations to improve user conversion rates
- Develop and execute event tagging and analytics strategy for new product releases, including A/B testing
- Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, and the presentation of data to see beyond the numbers, incorporate qualitative insights, and understand how our customers interact with our core products
- Perform data quality audits, QA tags, identify data collection issues, suggest improvements and work to implement fixes.
- Build/maintain reports, dashboards, and metrics to monitor the performance of our products and understand the customer experience
- Develop documentation of use cases, tracking specs and QA results
- Minimum 2 years experience analyzing data and driving actionable results
- Fluent in SQL or any other database querying language
- Analytical thinker and structured problem solver
- Strong background researching and manipulating complex and large data sets
- Experience with data visualization tools (Chartio, Tableau, etc)
- Prior startup or tech world experience is a big plus
- BA/BS degree or equivalent with specialization in marketing, finance, business, MIS, or related field of study
- Knowledge of complex analytical packages including, but not limited to, R, SPSS, Stata, and SAS
- Experience with Adobe Analytics, Amplitude, or other like product analytic platforms
- Experience with product analytics and event tracking implementation
- 100% employee covered Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits AND 80% dependent covered Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- HMO (California residents only) and PPO option offered through United Healthcare
- 401(k) Retirement Plan: 100% match on the first 1%. 50% match from 2-6% of employee contributions
- 3 weeks PTO (accrued) and 5 sick days (immediate)
- Supplemental, voluntary benefits: accident insurance, short and long term disability, flexible spending accounts, life Insurance, critical illness insurance
- Basic Life/AD&D (Accidental Death and Dismemberment)
- 11 company holidays
- Catered lunch and snacks provided while working in the office
- Corporate events
- All the equipment that you need to get your work done
- Casual work environment, read “no suit and tie required”, but you are free to dress to the nines
Weedmaps is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. We are looking for the smartest and most passionate people who want to join our team and develop the services, systems, and marketplaces that will serve the marijuana industry in the decades to come. Our company uses E-Verify to confirm the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, please visit www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Founded in 2008, Weedmaps is a leading technology and software infrastructure provider to the cannabis industry. Our suite of cloud-based software and data solutions includes point of sale, logistics and ordering solutions that enable customers to scale their businesses while complying with the complex and disparate regulations applicable to the cannabis industry. In addition, our platform provides consumers with information regarding cannabis products across web and mobile platforms, including listing local retailers and brands, facilitating product discovery and allowing consumers to educate themselves on cannabis and its history, uses and legal status. Headquartered in Irvine, California, Weedmaps employs more than 400 professionals around the world, with offices including Barcelona, Denver, New York, Phoenix and Toronto.
So what are you waiting for? Join the Weedmaps family!