- Collaborate with product owners, designers and other delivery teams to build and iterate on customer facing features
- Help optimize legacy code for reduced application load and render times
- Regularly participate in code reviews and other team functions
- Effective communication skills, a positive attitude, and ability to give and receive constructive feedback
- Experience with modern JS libraries and tooling e.g. React, Webpack, etc.
- Expertise in building responsive web UI’s
- Possess a high level of attention to detail and design/UX sensibility
- Knowledge of modern browser technologies, cross-browser compatibility issues, and client-side performance considerations
- Experience with localization and accessibility
- Experience writing performant REST API’s or GraphQL
- Deep understanding of the GitFlow branching strategy
- Familiarity with server-side frameworks such as Ruby on Rails
- Computer science or other engineering background
Formed in 2008, Weedmaps is the largest technology company focused on servicing the legalized marijuana industry in the United States and internationally by providing listing services for dispensaries, delivery services, doctors and brands. Weedmaps has the most comprehensive directory with over 4x the listings of any other service and gives visitors the ability to review and discuss these services while building a sense of community through forums and social networking. The marijuana industry is growing exponentially and the legal and technological challenges it faces are immense. We see this as the perfect opportunity to create unique and innovative solutions that can transform the industry. In addition to developing technology solutions, Weedmaps is also firmly committed to advising on and supporting the legalization of marijuana and the medicines derived from it in a responsible manner.
- A collaborative and open-minded atmosphere that is excitingly fast paced
- Company-paid medical/dental/vision/life insurance
- Fully stocked kitchens with healthy snack and drink options
- Free Lunch catered in the office every day
- Free onsite gym and yoga classes
- Generous paid vacation and sick leave policy
- Competitive maternity/paternity policy
- 401k with competitive match
Who Are We Looking For?
Weedmaps is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. We are looking for the smartest and most passionate people who want to join our team and develop the services, systems, and marketplaces that will serve the marijuana industry in the decades to come. So what are you waiting for? Join the Weedmaps family!