At WEconnect, we are bringing together technology and treatment expertise to reinvent addiction recovery. Each year, in the US alone, 30 million Americans suffer from substance use disorder at a cost of $800 billion. For every 100 people seeking treatment, only 2 successfully remain in long-term recovery. We are here to change that by supporting members in the first year of addiction recovery and bringing clarity to healthcare systems with our proprietary software and data platform.
Each day you will have a tangible impact on our members’ recovery journeys and, in the end, your work will save lives.
As an engineer at WEconnect, you'll be collaborating with other engineers, designers, product managers, and subject matter experts in a cross-functional team focused on acquisition or engagement. You'll work full-stack, with the opportunity to work on our mobile app, web app, and backends. You'll be part of a software development culture that values iteration, testing, pragmatism, improvement, and collaboration.
As members of the WEconnect team we are united by a clear mission: save lives, provide accurate outcomes data, and support healthcare ecosystems, communities, and families. We embrace trust, impact, grit, exceptionality, rapidity, and simplicity (TIGERS), and would love to chat about how these values play out in our daily work.
This role is fully remote (US only) and reports directly to the Director of Engineering.
- Collaborate with a cross-functional product team to create impactful improvements to our mobile, web, and backend systems
- Participate in code and design reviews, ensuring the quality of both deliverables
- Once familiar with our system, join the rotating engineering on-call system to be the engineering point of contact for bugs and other issues
- Participate in our iterative agile-inspired software development process of stand ups, iterations, planning, and retros
- Pair with other software engineers to write reliable and idiomatic code as well as to grow your skills and familiarity in different parts of the system
- 1-2+ years of professional software engineering experience using Typescript
- Experience with React Native and/or React
- Experience using standard web technologies: HTML, CSS, etc
- Experience using standard web build systems: yarn, webpack, etc
- Familiar with using node as a backend - experience a plus
- Experience with Prisma, Postgres, or GraphQL a plus
- Computer science or related technical degree NOT required
- Competitive salary and key employee stock option plan
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 401(k) with company match
- Wellness stipend
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
We facilitate diversity and inclusion as an Equal Opportunity Employer
WEconnect provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, WEconnect complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
WEconnect expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of WEconnect’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.