At WEconnect, we are bringing together technology and treatment expertise to reinvent addiction recovery. Each year, in the US alone, 30 million Americans suffer from substance use disorder at a cost of $800 billion. For every 100 people seeking treatment, only 2 successfully remain in long-term recovery. We are here to change that by supporting members in the first year of addiction recovery and bringing clarity to healthcare systems with our proprietary software and data platform.
Each day you will have a tangible impact on our members’ recovery journeys and, in the end, your work will save lives.
The WEconnect Engineering team is growing! We're looking for an experienced Engineering Manager who can coach team members to success. This role will start with 3-4 direct reports and focuses on people management duties but encourages engineering contributions. As the first Engineering Manager at WEconnect, you'll have a large impact on sustaining and growing the culture of the team.
The culture of the Engineering team values trust, honesty, and pragmatism. We establish safety for people to admit mistakes and to give and receive feedback. We often deal with ambiguity and are willing to try new things and find a different way of accomplishing tasks. As members of the WEconnect team, we are united by a clear mission: save lives, provide accurate outcomes data, and support healthcare ecosystems, communities, and families. We embrace trust, impact, grit, exceptionality, rapidity, and simplicity (TIGERS), and would love to chat about how these values play out in our daily work.
This role is fully remote (US only) and reports directly to the Director of Engineering.
- Growing the skills and capabilities of the Engineering team through coaching, training, pair-programming, knowledge shares, and other methods that constructively build team members capabilities
- Engage and retain team members through regular check-ins that position them for success
- Build empathy for the challenges faced by engineers by writing code, reviewing Pull Requests, participating in design reviews, and other activities
- Build the team by interviewing candidates and making hiring decisions
- Guide performance management of direct reports and contribute to compensation reviews
- Work with teams outside of Engineering to improve efficiency and efficacy of our product development process
- Act as a player-coach, keeping your hand "in the code" in addition to your primary role as a people manager
- Minimum of 2 years directly managing a team of engineers
- 2+ years experience working as a software engineer
- Previous experience mentoring and growing an engineering team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working remotely as a contributor and team leader
- Self-directed with strong project management skills
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity personally and with team members
- Demonstrated ability to write production-level code in Typescript
- Hands on experience with React, React/Native, Prisma, or GraphQL a plus
- Hands on experience developing for mobile a plus
- Experience in a startup environment a plus
- Competitive salary and key employee stock option plan
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 401(k) with company match
- Wellness stipend
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
We facilitate diversity and inclusion as an Equal Opportunity Employer
WEconnect provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, WEconnect complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
WEconnect expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of WEconnect’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.