At WEconnect, we are bringing together technology and treatment expertise to reinvent recovery. Each year, in the US alone, 30 million Americans suffer from substance use disorder at a cost of $800 billion. For every 100 people trying to , only two remain in long-term recovery. We are here to change that by supporting members in the first year of sobriety and bringing clarity to healthcare systems with our proprietary software and data platform.
Each day you will have a tangible impact on our members’ recovery journeys and, in the end, your work will save lives.
We're looking for an experienced Software Engineer who can lead mobile development efforts to help us continue to build and upgrade the stellar mobile experiences of our digital solution for substance use disorder. We're interested in someone who can mentor and bring breadth and depth of mobile/web development to a talented engineering team.
You will be remote (US only) and will report to the Director of Engineering.
On any given day, you might work to:
- Improve recovery outcomes by increasing engagement with our flagship mobile applications using React Native and TypeScript
- Support data collection using Firebase and Google Analytics
- Write high-quality, well-tested software built with automated CI
- Create an engaging product to increase efficacy of recovery
This role might be a match if:
- Enjoy building applications for the Apple or Google mobile ecosystems -- or both!
- Empathize with the people using the products that you provide
- Gain inspiration from an open and collaborative environment
- Appreciate a rapid environment working in two-week sprints
- Want to work in a collaborative team with engineers, designers, and PMs
- Value working with clear autonomy
- Have a growth mindset and positive leadership acumen
- Have 4+ years of coding experience in a production environment
We need experience with:
- React Native/React
- Unit, integration, and acceptance testing
We would love experience with:
- Configure or maintain CI/CD/automation
- Agile process
- TDD (test-driven development)
- Software design patterns
- System architecture patterns
- Great compensation and benefits package and equitable employee stock option plan
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 401(k) with company match
- Unlimited vacation
- Wellness Benefit
We are a team united by a clear mission: save lives, provide accurate outcomes data, and support healthcare ecosystems, communities, and families. We embrace Trust, Impact, Grit, Exceptionality, Rapidity, and Simplicity (TIGERS), and would love to chat about how these values play out in our daily work.
WEconnect provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, WEconnect complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which wehave facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including hirin, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
WEconnect expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of WEconnect’s employees to perform their job responsibilities may result in discipline up to and including discharge.