At WEconnect Health, we are bringing together technology and healthcare expertise to reinvent addiction recovery. Each year, in the US alone, 30 million Americans suffer from substance use disorder at a cost of $800 billion. For every 100 people seeking treatment, only two successfully remain in long-term recovery. We are here to change that by supporting members in the first year of recovery and bringing clarity to healthcare systems with our proprietary software and data platform.
Each day you will have a tangible impact on our members’ recovery journeys and, in the end, your work will save lives.
We’re looking for enthusiastic members of the recovery community to provide support for WEconnect members’ initial onboarding experience and practical understanding of our mobile application. You will interface directly with members individually, staff in provider settings, and other WEconnect staff to ensure a comprehensive and holistic introduction to WEconnect and the recovery journey. It is vital that you build rapport with members to build trust and understanding to better empower and excite them.
This position is based in Phoenix, AZ and will report to the Account Management team.
We will need you to:
- Assist members with app download and account creation by ensuring they have the proper tools to sign up, then demonstrate the ease and impact of behavior modification and contingency management
- Engage members and provider staff in clinics, emergency departments, outpatient, and other therapeutic settings
- Be patient with members and assist them if they need help in application downloading, setting up an email, creating an amazon account, and enabling location services on their mobile phone.
- Collaborate with Account Management, Customer Support, Peer Recovery Support Specialists, and Providers to create an inclusive, warm, and comfortable space to assist members in application set-up in clinic.
- Remain neutral and non-prescriptive in setting up members with recovery activities in their WEconnect mobile app.
You likely embody many of the following:
- Enthusiasm, empathy, compassion, and an open mind.
- Basic technological understanding and troubleshooting.
- Deep understanding of the recovery community and a passion for helping others.
- Personable, able to connect with people of all backgrounds, and generally extroverted in new and group settings.
- Patient and tolerant of individuals in difficult situations and of different technology comprehension levels.
- Experience working with individuals that have alcohol and other drug (AOD), abusive, and/or problematic histories.
- OR studying addiction, peer work, behavioral health, public health, social work, psychology.
- Written and spoken English proficiency - any additional languages are a welcome bonus!
Compensation & Logistics:
- $18 / Hour + opportunity for performance bonuses.
- Part-time with a potential of up to 40 hours/week.
- Potential for credit towards work/internship hours for school or certification requirements.
- This role is a contracted position that will be evaluated on month to month/quarterly basis.
- Estimated start date: Summer 2020
WEconnect provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, WEconnect complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
WEconnect expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of WEconnect’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.