At WEconnect, we are bringing together technology and treatment expertise to reinvent addiction recovery. Each year, in the US alone, 30 million Americans suffer from substance use disorder at a cost of $800 billion. For every 100 people seeking treatment, only two successfully remain in long-term recovery. We are here to change that by supporting members in the first year of sobriety and bringing clarity to healthcare systems with our proprietary software and data platform.
Each day you will have a tangible impact on our members’ recovery journeys and, in the end, your work will save lives.
We're looking for an experienced Software Engineer to help us continue to build a stellar mobile experience and continuously improve upon our digital solution for substance use disorder. We're interested in someone who can mentor junior engineers as well as hit the ground running themselves without ramp-up time. This role is based in Seattle and will report to the Director of Engineering.
On any given day, you might be working to:
- Improve recovery outcomes by increasing engagement with our flagship mobile applications using React Native and Typescript
- Support data collection using Firebase and Google Analytics
- Write high-quality, well-tested software built with automated CI
- Create an engaging product to increase efficacy of recovery
This role might be a match if:
- Enjoy building applications for the Apple or Google mobile ecosystems -- or both!
- Empathize with the people ultimately using the products that you deliver
- Gain inspiration from an open and collaborative environment
- Enjoy working in an outcome-oriented startup environment
- Appreciate a rapid environment working in two-week sprints
- Want to work in a cross-functional team with engineers, designers, and PMs
- Value working with clear autonomy and accountability
- Have an interest in team leadership
- Have 4+ years of coding experience in a production environment
We need experience with:
- React.js or (even better) React Native
- Unit, integration, and acceptance testing
We would love experience with:
- Configuring or maintaining CI/CD/automation
- Agile process
- TDD (test-driven development)
- Software design patterns
- System architecture patterns
- Competitive salary and key employee stock option plan
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 401(k) with company match
- Unlimited vacation
- Work-from-home Tuesdays
- Transportation stipend
We are a team united by a clear mission: save lives, provide accurate outcomes data, and support healthcare ecosystems, communities, and families. We embrace trust, impact, grit, exceptionality, rapidity, and simplicity (TIGERS), and would love to chat about how these values play out in our daily work.
WEconnect provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, WEconnect complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
WEconnect expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of WEconnect’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.