Hello! We’re Webstacks - a high performance website operations and growth marketing agency in Downtown San Diego that’s transforming the way the world’s most influential SaaS, FinTech, and Blockchain companies compete in today's digital landscape.
Established in 2020, Webstacks has rocketed into a 40-person company because of their innovative website operations methodology, strong partnerships, and high-growth clients. We are constantly setting larger goals and stopping at nothing to achieve them. Our team’s dedication is humbling, and we are looking for another motivated individual to help us reach the next level.
We’ve made tremendous strides in disrupting the typical expectation of engineers at an agency. Technology is at the core of Webstacks and is our largest department. Because of this, we encourage open-source and the constant evolution of our tech stack. We partner with best-of-breed web technology providers to build on the most modern frontend frameworks.
In this role, you will be a key member of our cross-functional production team. You will work on and ship websites, web apps and other digital solutions to our clients within the HubSpot ecosystem.
Details of the Role
- Type of Work: Full-time
- Location: San Diego/ Remote
The Day to Day
- Deliver high-performing websites within HubSpot’s ecosystem. Working closely with other engineers, designers, SEO’s, and project managers, you’ll be responsible for shipping key features in a timely manner
- Provide code reviews to your peers and help refactor existing code base. You will be reading and writing code within HubSpot. As such you’ll be expected to give both high and low level feedback on existing code
- Help communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience. Building human-centric experiences into websites is an essential part of being a successful Webstacks engineer. People should be able to easily use the final product delivered to them
We’re looking for someone who:
- Delivers high-performing websites within HubSpot’s ecosystem. Working closely with other engineers, designers, SEO’s, and project managers, you’ll be responsible for shipping key features in a timely manner
- Provides code reviews to your peers and help refactor existing code base. You will be reading and writing code within HubSpot. As such you’ll be expected to give both high and low level feedback on existing code
- Help communicates technical concepts to a non-technical audience. Building human-centric experiences into websites is an essential part of being a successful Webstacks engineer. People should be able to easily use the final product delivered to them
- Is an Analytical thinker. Asks thoughtful questions and identifies project roadblocks
- Takes direction and independently executes. You can problem solve while asking for guidance when needed
- Is Eager to learn. Ready to expand their skill sets, and grow within the organization
- Creative. You are self-motivated and excited to be a part of a high performance team
- Is read to work within a fully-featured CMS. HubSpot’s unique environment allows engineers to create multi-faceted solutions for our client requests, all contained within HubSpot. This also includes a CRM, blog, and much more
Nice to have, but not necessary
- Experience working in AGILE/SCRUM/KANBAN development process. You have taken part in sprint cycle planning and execution, with regular progress updates given to stakeholders
The Worst Parts of this Job
- Being blocked by HubSpot’s limitations. We sometimes have to convey difficult news something isn’t possible or supported within HubSpot at this time, and it can be challenging to disappoint our eager, loyal, and thriving customer base
- Long-running, in-progress work without a clear end. It can be challenging to have lots of in-progress work without having the immediate gratification of shipping. You will need to be comfortable managing lots of in-progress work alongside day-to-day responsibilities
- Site issues can crop up seemingly from nowhere. Despite our efforts and testing, sites can have unforeseen issues which show up as users are interacting with the tools we build for them. Sometimes too many features can increase this risk, so we constantly need to strike a balance between flexibility and stability
- Lack of a true version control system within HubSpot. Multiple engineers working within a particular client’s HubSpot codebase can potentially override each other’s work. This requires increased coordination and planning when working together on a feature or a page
- Engineer collaboration is paramount. At Webstacks we place high emphasis on teamwork. We’re proud to say our engineers are constantly collaborating and have no issue tackling problems in small groups. We work together to achieve our goals of helping our clients succeed
The best parts of this job
- You’re in control of your schedule. At Webstacks, we recognize you are human. Meet your deadlines, ensure your talented team and your clients are equipped to succeed, and be prepared for your meetings. You are not destined for a desk 9-5… all we ask is that you produce, develop, and succeed!
- Culture. Culture. Culture. Ego? At Webstacks, we’ve never heard of it! We are all on the same mission: progress both as a cohesive unit as a company + have a true desire to see the best in our teammates both personally and professionally.
- Work with Elite Stakeholders. You have the opportunity to work daily with some of the best minds in the tech space.
- Live and breathe on the cutting edge. You’ll be at the cutting edge of website development & design — managing your team who is working on the fastest-growing site building frameworks and design tools on the market
Benefits and Perks
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Matched 401(k)
- Constant growth and learning opportunities
- Work-life balance
- An energetic, motivating and fun culture that we can't wait for you to be apart of!
All this sound good? Sweet, we can't wait to chat!