As one of San Diego’s fastest-growing agencies, Webstacks provides high-growth companies with the people, process, and technology to build and scale world-class websites. We believe that the website should be the center of every business strategy and to empower teams to create and customize powerful website experiences — not slow them down. HubSpot, Calendly and ServiceTitan are among the world’s fastest growing companies that trust Webstacks to scale their web presence.
We are a hybrid remote-office company that believes that results matter more than when or where they were produced. Because of this we have a distributed team across the United States with our Headquarters in Downtown, San Diego.
Details of the role
- Type of Work: Full-time
- Location: United States
- Project Manager Level: L1
Why we’re hiring?
Our Project Management team is growing FAST. We need help to ensure we can continue to provide a world-class experience for all of our clients’ dreams… is that you?
Why this is interesting
If you want full autonomy + ambiguity with your day-to-day, unmatched resources to develop yourself professionally, and the opportunity to bring some of the fastest growing tech companies in the world to new heights, Webstacks could be the place for you!
What you’ll do on a day-to-day basis
Depending on the day, you’ll:
- Run the show. Support/Manage engineers and web designers to deliver projects from concept to implementation in a fast-paced, matrixed environment for our clients
- Keep the train on track. Manage and drive projects to achieve target scope and schedule while identifying and actively managing dependencies and impacts
- Lead. Use influencing abilities to drive evolution and promote best practices
- Be Agile. Demonstrate versatility and self-awareness in unanticipated circumstances to respond effectively and resolve unanticipated changes
- Engage. You will be sure to provide the client strategic direction, status updates and asset development
- Build Rapport & Sustain it. Ensure the project stakeholders' expectations are understood and managed
- Be the Gatekeeper. Maintain detailed project documentation, including meeting notes, and action items for the team
- Set the tone of your team’s culture. Provide an absolute best-in-class, special and highly personalized client experience; learn clients’ businesses, brands, industries and competitive landscape.
- Move Fast. Be comfortable in a fast-paced environment with a high degree of autonomy and accountability
- Agile is who you are. You have a grounded understanding of Agile methodologies
- Proficiency in PM Tools. Experience working with project management tools (Ex: Jira, Asana, ClickUp, etc.)
- Crushing Goals + Taking Names. You have a consistent track record of meeting deadlines and taking initiative to make confident decisions quickly and under pressure
- Exceptional worth ethic. You are dependable & always looking to get better day in, day out
- Excited to grow your career. You are ready to contribute to a growing business and an evolving team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. You’ll clearly and concisely communicate via Google Docs, Slack, and Zoom to name a few.
- Ready and willing to ask and answer questions. You’re comfortable saying you’re unsure, asking for help, and reaching out to assist others.
Nice to have, but not necessary
- Familiarity with KANBAN and SCRUM development process.
- Prior experience with requirements gathering, project scoping and SOW development
- Planning and managing website deployments
- Interest in the latest and greatest technologies
The best parts of this job
- You’re in control of your schedule. At Webstacks, we recognize you are human. Meet your deadlines, ensure your talented team and your clients are equipped to succeed, and be prepared for your meetings. You are not destined for a desk 9-5… all we ask is that you produce, develop, and succeed!
- Culture. Culture. Culture. Ego? At Webstacks, we’ve never heard of it! We are all on the same mission: progress both as a cohesive unit as a company + have a true desire to see the best in our teammates both personally and professionally.
- Work with Elite Stakeholders. You have the opportunity to work daily with some of the best minds in the tech space.
- Live and breathe on the cutting edge. You’ll be at the cutting edge of website development & design — managing your team who is working on the fastest-growing site building frameworks and design tools on the market
The worst parts of this job
- Delivering difficult news. On the team, we empathize deeply with our customers. It’s what makes delivering those moments of delight so delightful. At the same time, we sometimes have to convey difficult news that something isn’t possible or supported at this time, and it can be challenging to disappoint our eager, loyal, and thriving customer base.
- Wearing many hats is challenging. As the PM, you are at the epicenter of your team. You will need to have a grounded understanding and pulse check for all work that is going down, as you are the main point of contact for the client.
Benefits and perks
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Work where is most convenient for you
- Amazing health, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
- New MacBook for professional use