Webflow is a visual web development platform that empowers non-coders to create incredible experiences for the web.
We’re adding a Senior Analytics Engineer to our Core Data Science & Analytics team to help inform the future of Webflow with data by building a deep understanding of how our customers create for the web with our product. You won’t be starting from scratch- you’ll be joining a results oriented, collaborative team with an established, shared understanding of our business logic, a modern data stack and lots of opportunity to extend the function to build new data science and analytics frameworks and establish best practices.
You’ll partner directly with technical and non-technical stakeholders to identify the best ways to instrument and transform our data to increase flexibility and repeatability of analysis, partnering on the development of KPIs and helping teams navigate our user experience through data. You’ll bring your expertise to improve our current processes and promote a shared language across our growing data functions at Webflow, thoughtfully developing Webflow’s data maturity for lasting impact. We are looking for an empathetic, humble, curious and collaborative team member who is excited to strengthen our foundational data capabilities and provide creative solutions that maximize data utility at Webflow.
About the role
- Location: San Francisco HQ or remote (US timezone)
- Full time
As a Senior Analytics Engineer you’ll …
- Lead technical and non-technical team members to model our customer journey using methods that maximize business impact and our ability to ask meaningful questions.
- Define best practices for how we identify and resolve data quality issues, increasing confidence in our product and business success metrics.
- Enable data scientists and analysts, improving workflows and leveraging tools to increase our efficiency and scalability while maintaining data integrity.
- Expand our data foundation, experimentation and machine learning capabilities, building new models and frameworks that enable our team and stakeholders, contributing to our connected, complete understanding of our customer journey. We currently use stitch, dbt, snowflake and Tableau and work closely with our data engineering team on future capabilities!
That said, these responsibilities are just the start! At Webflow, we encourage you to contribute wherever your interests take you — and shape your role accordingly. And this isn’t just a philosophical bent: we actually give you 4 hours a week (10% of the work week) to pursue passion projects outside of your role responsibilities.
You’ll thrive as a Senior Analytics Engineer if you:
- Have demonstrated experience working as a Analytics Engineer (or the equivalent in similar quantitative roles), producing high quality models and frameworks that optimize data utility, building scalable processes and enabling others to do the same
- Have expertise writing performant SQL, data warehousing, working with BI tools and optimizing data workflows
- Have proficiency using SQL or a programming language like Python or R to drive business insights
- Thrive collaborating with other data team members and non-technical stakeholders in a fast-paced and sometimes ambiguous environment, solving complex and nuanced problems
- Engage both technical and non-technical audiences with clear and compelling communication
If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Studies show that you can still be considered for a role if you meet just 50% of the role’s requirements.
At Webflow, we believe that our success will be defined not only by what we do — but also by how and why we do it. So, here is the Webflow “why” and our “how”:
Our dual missions — one for the world, one for us
- For the world: To empower everyone to create for the web and spark an unprecedented wave of digital innovation.
- For ourselves: Lead fulfilling, impactful lives.
Our core behaviors (how we act)
- Start with customers
- Practice extraordinary kindness
- Be radically candid
- Move intentionally fast
- Just fix it
- Lead by serving others
- Dream big
Our commitments to you
- We’ll pay you! This is a full-time, salaried position that includes equity
- We’ll invest in your physical and mental well-being with health, dental, and vision benefits and a monthly stipend for health and wellness expenses
- We’ll pay you to take a vacation … seriously. We’ll give you a $1,000 bonus for taking your first vacation with us that is more than 5 days
- We offer flexible parental leave
- We provide remote employees with the equipment they need to create a great remote work environment
- We will offer you the support you need to help you grow as an impactful Senior Analytics Engineer and a human being
Ready to apply?
If you share our values and enthusiasm for empowering the world, we’d love to review your application! We promise we do take the time and care to review every application we receive. However, as much as we wish we could interview everyone who submits an application, we cannot guarantee an interview or feedback due to the unprecedented volume of applications we are receiving today. We are rooting for you, and hope you do consider applying.
If you are extended an offer, that offer may be contingent upon your successful completion of a background check, which will be conducted in accordance with applicable laws. We may obtain one or more background screening reports about you, solely for employment purposes