Webflow is a visual web development platform that empowers non-coders to create incredible experiences for the web.
We’re looking for a Senior Engineering Manager to help us grow and scale our application and web hosting infrastructure.
About the role
- Location: San Francisco HQ or US Remote
As a Senior Engineering Manager, you'll…
- Manage the engineering team building underlying infrastructure for both the Webflow application and enterprise hosting product.
- Lead a distributed and diverse team of Site Reliability Engineers focused on stabilizing and expanding Webflow’s production infrastructure.
- Collaborate with cross-functional peers such as Product, Marketing, Customer Success, and Customer Support to set goals and define business strategy.
- Drive goal-setting with your team and hold them accountable for results.
- Balance projects such as pairing with partner teams on a new feature launch with customer-facing features for our enterprise hosting product.
- Lead by example and embody the spirit of Webflow’s dual missions and core behavior.
That said, these responsibilities are just the start! At Webflow, we encourage you to contribute wherever your interests take you — and shape your role accordingly.
You’ll thrive as a Senior Engineering Manager if you:
- Have 4+ years experience managing an operations, infrastructure, or SRE team that provides on-call support for a complex, distributed system.
- Have a strong technical foundation in AWS/Cloud architecture and Kubernetes, preferably obtained through prior experience as an SRE or Infrastructure Engineer.
- Have experience managing agile teams to adhere to software delivery cycles, while also balancing long-term production maintenance of complex systems.
- Value accountability and will support your team in reaching their fullest potential.
- Can empathetically deliver tough feedback with respect and kindness.
If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Studies show that you can still be considered for a role if you meet just 50% of the role’s requirements.
At Webflow, we believe that what we’re doing doesn’t define our success — so we focus on our “why" and "how"
To empower everyone to create for the web — and lead impactful, fulfilling lives while we do it.
Our Core Behaviors
- Earn customer trust
- Get it done, do it right
- Practice candor with care
- Dream big, ship often
Our commitments to you
- We’ll pay you! This is a full-time, salaried position that includes equity
- We’ll invest in your physical and mental well-being with health, dental, and vision benefits plus a monthly stipend for health and wellness expenses
- We’ll pay you to take a vacation … seriously. We’ll give you a $1,000 bonus for taking your first vacation with us that is more than 5 days
- We offer flexible parental leave
- We give you a 5 week sabbatical after 5 years of service
- We provide remote employees with the equipment they need to create a great work environment, plus a monthly productivity stipend
- We will offer you the support you need to help you grow as an impactful engineering manager and a human being
Ready to apply?
If you share our values and our enthusiasm for empowering the world, we’d love to hear from you!
Note: You'll need valid U.S. work authorization to join us.
If you are extended an offer, that offer may be contingent upon your successful completion of a background check, which will be conducted in accordance with applicable laws. We may obtain one or more background screening reports about you, solely for employment purposes.
Webflow requires all new employees to submit proof of their COVID-19 vaccination status as a condition of their employment. As such, your failure to timely provide such information, upon Webflow's request, may result in the revocation of your offer or the termination of your employment with Webflow, as applicable. At this time, Webflow does not require fully remote employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. However, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination to work out of any Webflow office, visit an office, or attend any in person work events, including company off-sites, company sponsored social gatherings, and meetings. As such, at this time, we will only consider individuals who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for roles which require any in person work. If, due to the nature of your role, you are at any time during your employment required to work in person, but you are not fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to applicable regulations, your employment may be terminated. We are committed to maintaining a safe and inclusive workplace, and our vaccination policy will evolve in response to the changing risks and regulations associated with COVID-19.