Webflow is a visual web development platform that empowers non-coders to create incredible experiences for the web.
We are looking for a Director of Engineering, reporting to the VP of Engineering, to lead our Infrastructure team. This person would lead the organization responsible for building and maintaining the systems necessary for the continued growth and efficient operation of the Webflow application and published sites.
About the role
- Location: San Francisco HQ or US remote
As a Director, Engineering you’ll:
- Advocate for your team emphasizing career growth and personal development
- Scale your organization by partnering with Recruiting to attract and retain top talent
- Collaborate with cross-functional peers such as Product and Design to set goals and define business strategy
- Prioritize execution and support your team in delivering high-quality results
- Drive goal-setting with your team and how them accountable for results
- Create and iterate on processes to increase the effectiveness of your teams
- Guide your team to make sound architecture decisions and create an environment where technical innovation thrives
- Exemplify Webflow’s Core Behaviors in the pursuit of our audacious two-fold mission to democratize software development and enable team members to lead meaningful and impactful lives
That said, these role responsibilities are just the start! At Webflow, we encourage you to contribute wherever your interests take you — and shape your role accordingly.
And this isn’t just a philosophical bent: we actually give you 4 hours a week (10% of the work week) to tackle passion projects outside of your role responsibilities.
You’ll thrive as a Director, Engineering if:
- You have 7+ years in a leadership role where you’ve managed managers and 4+ years as a Technical individual contributor
- You have a deep understanding of AWS Infrastructure, CI/CD processes, local development environments and tooling and data infrastructure
- You are familiar with Agile fundamentals and the mental models that promote strong execution
- You have rapidly scaled teams and know how to develop and execute a growth strategy
- You are committed to cultivating an inclusive team culture
- You have managed geographically distributed teams
If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Studies show that you can still be considered for a role if you meet just 50% of the role’s requirements.
At Webflow, we believe that what we’re doing doesn’t define our success — so we focus on our “why" and "how"
To empower everyone to create for the web — and lead impactful, fulfilling lives while we do it.
Our Core Behaviors
- Earn customer trust
- Get it done, do it right
- Practice candor with care
- Dream big, ship often
Our commitments to you
- We’ll pay you! This is a full-time, salaried position that includes equity
- We’ll invest in your physical and mental well-being with health, dental, and vision benefits and a monthly stipend for health and wellness expenses
- We’ll pay you to take a vacation … seriously. We’ll give you a $1,000 bonus for taking your first vacation with us that is more than 5 days
- We offer flexible parental leave
- We provide remote employees with the equipment they need to create a great remote work environment
- We will offer you the support you need to help you grow as an impactful Director of Engineering and a human being
Ready to apply?
If you share our values and enthusiasm for empowering the world, we’d love to hear from you!
Note: You'll need valid U.S. work authorization to join us.
Please note that a background check and employment verification is required for this position. We may obtain one or more background screening reports about you, solely for employment purposes.
Webflow requires all new employees to submit proof of their COVID-19 vaccination status as a condition of their employment. As such, your failure to timely provide such information, upon Webflow's request, may result in the revocation of your offer or the termination of your employment with Webflow, as applicable. At this time, Webflow does not require fully remote employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. However, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination to work out of any Webflow office, visit an office, or attend any in person work events, including company off-sites, company sponsored social gatherings, and meetings. As such, at this time, we will only consider individuals who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for roles which require any in person work. If, due to the nature of your role, you are at any time during your employment required to work in person, but you are not fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to applicable regulations, your employment may be terminated. We are committed to maintaining a safe and inclusive workplace, and our vaccination policy will evolve in response to the changing risks and regulations associated with COVID-19.