Webflow is a visual web development platform that empowers non-coders to create incredible experiences for the web.
We’re looking for a Sr Manager, Brand Design (Creative) to help us develop and grow the designers on the Brand Studio team. The Brand Studio team currently spans two distinct areas: Web & Creative. This role will be for our Creative pod that collaborates closely with Marketing, along with the Web function of the Brand Studio team. You believe in people management through leading by serving others, and view the success and fulfillment of your reports as your primary goal. You are excited by having the opportunity to expand upon the brand and visual acumen of Webflow’s creative presence. You will be part of the Brand Studio leadership team, reporting into the Director of Brand Design.
In this role, you will manage and lead a small team of creatives, while also having the opportunity to expand the team in 2022.
About the role
- Location: San Francisco HQ or US remote
As a Sr Manager, Brand Design (Creative), you’ll …
- Guide team in the creation of brand deliverables—ie editorial & social creative, product launch creative, video art direction, brand campaigns, and so much more
- Mentor, manage, and help recruit a world-class creative team
- Clearly convey ideas, concepts, and the value of design to internal teams
- Work collaboratively and independently to solve complex problems and find creative solutions to strategic objectives and requirements
- Closely integrate with the Product and Marketing teams to ensure the spirit and vision of Webflow are accurately captured across all communication channels.
- Provide constructive feedback and direction to both internal & external partners (agencies, studios, vendors), ensuring Webflow’s brand standards are upheld
- Give and solicit feedback from others in order to continually raise our bar for quality
That said, these responsibilities are just the start! At Webflow, we encourage you to contribute wherever your interests take you — and shape your role accordingly. And this isn’t just a philosophical bent: we actually give you 4 hours a week (10% of the work week) to pursue passion projects outside of your role responsibilities.
You’ll thrive as a Sr Manager, Brand Design (Creative) if you:
- Have 8+ years as a designer or art director
- 2+ years as a manager to designers or art directors
- Are excited to manage a small, but growing team of designers, and Love working with those designers to help them learn and grow—and have them help you learn and grow.
- Excel at harnessing creativity to challenge the status quo of how B2B companies go to market
- Partnered closely with marketers, writers, designers, producers, product managers, and agencies to bring campaigns and brand experiences to our customers
- Have a deep understanding of a designer’s career levels (from entry-level through senior roles) and how each person has different strengths. You know how to work closely with designers to help them grow and achieve success throughout their career journeys.
- Are an excellent communicator. You know how to build strong working relationships with people throughout the company, at various levels of seniority
- Ensure team members are creating high-quality work that delights our customers, meets company objectives, and reinforces our brand across all our channels
If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Studies show that you can still be considered for a role if you meet just 50% of the role’s requirements.
At Webflow, we believe that our success will be defined not only by what we do — but also by how and why we do it. So, here is the Webflow “why” and our “how”:
Our dual missions — one for the world, one for us
- For the world: To empower everyone to create for the web and spark an unprecedented wave of digital innovation.
- For ourselves: Lead fulfilling, impactful lives.
Our core behaviors (how we act)
- Earn customer trust
- Get it done, do it right
- Practice candor with care
- Dream big, ship often
Our commitments to you
- We’ll pay you! This is a full-time, salaried position that includes equity
- We’ll invest in your physical and mental well-being with health, dental, and vision benefits and a monthly stipend for health and wellness expenses
- We’ll pay you to take a vacation … seriously. We’ll give you a $1,000 bonus for taking your first vacation with us that is more than 5 days
- We offer flexible parental leave
- We provide remote employees with the equipment they need to create a great remote work environment
- We will offer you the support you need to help you grow as an impactful Creative Operations leader and a human being
Ready to apply?
If you share our values and our enthusiasm for empowering the world, we’d love to review your application!
Note: You'll need valid U.S. work authorization to join us
Please note that a background check and employment verification is required for this position. We may obtain one or more background screening reports about you, solely for employment purposes.