Webflow is a visual web development platform that empowers non-coders to create incredible experiences for the web.
We’re looking for a Sr Manager, Creative Operations to help us empower our creatives to do their best work by establishing and leading a strong foundation of process and project management.
You will have the unique opportunity to help build processes from the ground up for Webflow’s growing Brand Studio team. From project management, to team goal-setting, project planning, team health, and everything in between, this role will be a crucial part of the team's success as we tackle our ambitious goals in 2022 and beyond.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to hire and lead a team of project managers and producers, and work closely with many groups across the company to manage the brand studio teams' projects from conception to completion. You will be tasked with improving how we work (process), overall communication, collaboration, and removing roadblocks.
About the role
- Location: US emote
As a Sr Manager, Creative Operations, you’ll …
- Empower creatives to do their best work by creating and maintaining a new foundation of process and project management practices for the Brand Design team, impacting how the team collaborates with one another as well as cross-functional partners.
- Own and drive the creative project lifecycle strategy from planning, scheduling, requirements gathering, creative reviews, delivery and implementation to launch, while focusing the team on Webflow’s overarching mission and long-term goals.
- Hire and lead a team of project managers who will be expected to support various projects and initiatives across the Brand Design team.
- Collaborate closely with Marketing, Product Design, and other cross functional partners to manage expectations and build bridges across teams, improving our ability to collaborate and reach our shared goals.
- Improve team culture by scheduling activities, enhancing collaboration, and fostering a psychologically safe environment for creative sharing and learning.
That said, these responsibilities are just the start! At Webflow, we encourage you to contribute wherever your interests take you — and shape your role accordingly. And this isn’t just a philosophical bent: we actually give you 4 hours a week (10% of the work week) to pursue passion projects outside of your role responsibilities.
You’ll thrive as a Sr Manager, Design Operations if you:
- Are a driven and experienced Creative Operations leader with strong communication and self-management skills. You’re confident in your ability to build a Creative Ops function from the ground up for a growing Brand Design team of 10.
- Are eager to apply your knowledge as the first Creative Ops leader at a fast-paced, growing company
- Get weirdly excited about process, systems, and detail. You love to translate big ideas into action.
- Are an excellent communicator. You know how to connect with people throughout the company, at various levels of seniority
- Have an affinity for agile workflows and sprint development
- Know how to strike the balance on just the right amount of process - understanding what will help the team run effectively, as well as knowing where and how to introduce change in ways that help make the team more efficient and confident
- Have experience working in, and leading, an operations / project management capacity for in-house creative teams or agencies.
- Have experience helping grow a creative team culture internally and externally
- Love design. You might even be a designer in another life, and you prefer working with creative people.
If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Studies show that you can still be considered for a role if you meet just 50% of the role’s requirements.
At Webflow, we believe that our success will be defined not only by what we do — but also by how and why we do it. So, here is the Webflow “why” and our “how”:
Our dual missions — one for the world, one for us
To empower everyone to create for the web — and lead impactful, fulfilling lives while we do it.
Our core behaviors (how we act)
- Earn customer trust
- Get it done, do it right
- Practice candor with care
- Dream big, ship often
Our commitments to you
- We’ll pay you! This is a full-time, salaried position that includes equity
- We’ll invest in your physical and mental well-being with health, dental, and vision benefits and a monthly stipend for health and wellness expenses
- We’ll pay you to take a vacation … seriously. We’ll give you a $1,000 bonus for taking your first vacation with us that is more than 5 days
- We offer flexible parental leave
- We provide remote employees with the equipment they need to create a great remote work environment
- We will offer you the support you need to help you grow as an impactful Creative Operations leader and a human being
Ready to apply?
If you share our values and our enthusiasm for empowering the world, we’d love to review your application!
Note: You'll need valid U.S. work authorization to join us.
Please note that a background check and employment verification is required for this position. We may obtain one or more background screening reports about you, solely for employment purposes.