About the role
- Location: San Francisco HQ or US remote
As a Technical Accounting Manager, you’ll …
- Own the technical accounting and thought leadership on stock compensation, software capitalization, and contract acquisition cost capitalization.
- Serve as accounting subject matter expert for ad-hoc transactions and newly adopted standards, perform accounting research to determine appropriate treatment under relevant accounting guidance, and ensure proper accounting, documentation, and reporting of these transactions.
- Monitor development of new and emerging accounting pronouncements, assess impact and lead the implementation efforts of such pronouncements.
- Own financial reporting in the interim, including drafting financial statements and actively aid in managing our audit with our external auditors.
- Provide support with International Reporting and Consolidations
- Assist with the informational requirements for all tax filings required by city, state and federal governments.
- Develop, document, and maintain corporate accounting policies, procedures, and financial controls for Webflow.
- Support key business stakeholders and work cross functionally with Legal, IT, Engineering, Product, HR, and outside consultants.
That said, these responsibilities are just the start! At Webflow, we encourage you to contribute wherever your interests take you — and shape your role accordingly. And this isn’t just a philosophical bent: we actually give you 4 hours a week (10% of the work week) to pursue passion projects outside of your role responsibilities.
You’ll thrive as our Technical Accounting Manager if you:
- Have an active CPA license and possess strong understanding of US GAAP
- Have public accounting experience
- Have experience in a SaaS technology company
- Have experience with stock compensation and capitalized software
- Pay great attention to detail and deliver results under deadlines with a high sense of urgency
- Have strong communication skills and work effectively cross-functionally
- Are passionate about building from the ground up
- Demonstrate exceptional organizational skills
- Have a high degree of analytical and problem-solving capability
- Have proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Netsuite
If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Studies show that you can still be considered for a role if you meet just 50% of the role’s requirements.
At Webflow, we believe that our success will not only be defined by what we do — but by how and why we do it. So, here is the Webflow “why” and our “how”:
Our dual missions — one for the world, one for us
- For the world: To empower everyone to create for the web and spark an unprecedented wave of digital innovation.
- For ourselves: Lead fulfilling, impactful lives.
Our core behaviors (how we act)
- Earn Customer Trust
- Get it done, do it right
- Practice candor with care
- Dream big, ship often
Our commitments to you
- We’ll pay you! This is a full-time, salaried position that includes equity
- We’ll invest in your physical and mental well-being with health, dental, and vision benefits and a monthly stipend for health and wellness expenses
- We’ll pay you to take a vacation … seriously. We’ll give you a $1,000 bonus for taking your first vacation with us that is more than 5 days
- We offer flexible parental leave for moms and dads
- We provide remote employees with the equipment they need to create a great remote work environment
- We will offer you the support you need to help you grow as an impactful Senior Accountant and a healthy human being
Ready to apply?
If you share our values and our enthusiasm for empowering the world, we’d love to hear from you!
Note: You'll need valid U.S. work authorization to join us.