Webflow is a visual web development platform that empowers non-coders to create incredible experiences for the web.
We are looking for a Group Engineering Manager, reporting to the VP of Engineering, to lead our Foundation team. This person would enable our Engineering teams to build an integrated and extensible product by driving innovation and defining standards of quality while cultivating an environment of excellence, care, and curiosity
About the role
- Location: San Francisco HQ or US remote
As a Group Engineering Manager you’ll:
- Advocate for your team emphasizing career growth and personal development
- Scale your organization by partnering with Recruiting to attract and retain top talent
- Collaborate with cross-functional peers such as Product and Design to set goals and define business strategy
- Prioritize execution and support your team in delivering high-quality results
- Drive goal-setting with your team and how them accountable for results
- Create and iterate on processes to increase the effectiveness of your teams
- Guide your team to make sound architecture decisions and create an environment where technical innovation thrives
- Exemplify Webflow’s Core Behaviors in the pursuit of our audacious two-fold mission to democratize software development and enable team members to lead meaningful and impactful lives
That said, these role responsibilities are just the start! At Webflow, we encourage you to contribute wherever your interests take you — and shape your role accordingly.
And this isn’t just a philosophical bent: we actually give you 4 hours a week (10% of the work week) to tackle passion projects outside of your role responsibilities.
You’ll thrive as a Group Engineering Manager if:
- You have 7+ years in a leadership role where you’ve managed managers and 4+ years as a Technical individual contributor
- You have a deep understanding of Agile fundamentals and the mental models that promote strong execution
- You have rapidly scaled teams and know how to develop and execute a growth strategy
- You are committed to cultivating an inclusive team culture
- You have managed geographically distributed teams
If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Studies show that you can still be considered for a role if you meet just 50% of the role’s requirements.
At Webflow, we believe that what we’re doing doesn’t define our success — so we focus on our “why" and "how"
To empower everyone to create for the web — and lead impactful, fulfilling lives while we do it.
Our Core Behaviors
- Earn customer trust
- Get it done, do it right
- Practice candor with care
- Dream big, ship often
Our commitments to you
- We’ll pay you! This is a full-time, salaried position that includes equity
- We’ll invest in your physical and mental well-being with health, dental, and vision benefits and a monthly stipend for health and wellness expenses
- We’ll pay you to take a vacation … seriously. We’ll give you a $1,000 bonus for taking your first vacation with us that is more than 5 days
- We offer flexible parental leave
- We provide remote employees with the equipment they need to create a great remote work environment
- We will offer you the support you need to help you grow as an impactful Group Engineering Manager and a human being
Ready to apply?
If you share our values and enthusiasm for empowering the world, we’d love to hear from you!
Note: You'll need valid U.S. work authorization to join us.