Webflow is a visual web development platform that empowers non-coders to create incredible experiences for the web.
We’re looking for a Director, Developer Relations to help us drive the vision and adoption of our platform strategy, enabling third-party developers to create rich and powerful no-code development experiences for our customers.
As Director, Developer Relations, you’ll lead Webflow to help guide our leadership team, inspire our developers, and make an impact in our community of developers. You will build a team of talented individuals willing to engage with the community and create content that inspires them to leverage our platform.
This is an exciting and mission-critical role that will shape Webflow’s core products, developer ecosystem, and how our customers create world-class web experiences.
About the role
- Location: Remote
As a Director, Developer Relations, you’ll …
- Hire & lead a talented group of individuals focusing on the developer community, technical integrations and onboarding, developer documentation, and evangelism programs (events, meetups)
- Advocate for developers internally and externally, and consult with external developers to ensure successful product development
- Improve and standardize the experience for all Webflow developers, providing education and guidance on best practices related to coding, integration, etc.
- Respond to inquiries from developers; provide support and create technical documentation for developers as needed
- Sample code pre-launch for developer ergonomics and present recommendations for improvement
- Inspire and rally the community post-launch, typically through demos
That said, these responsibilities are just the start! At Webflow, we encourage you to contribute wherever your interests take you — and shape your role accordingly. And this isn’t just a philosophical bent: we actually give you 4 hours a week (10% of the work week) to pursue passion projects outside of your role responsibilities.
You’ll thrive as (a) Director, Developer Relations if you have:
- Experience being hands-on while growing the function.
- Experience speaking at developer community events and participating in online forums, meetups, etc.
- Solid understanding of API design principle
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and time management skills: you can explain a sophisticated technical issue in such a way that most people could understand & translate the words behind the words in meetings with customers
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field, or equivalent professional experience
- At least two years of professional experience as a software engineer or developer, or equivalent technical experience
- Ability and willingness to travel (up to 20%) and work alone or as part of a team
If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Studies show that you can still be considered for a role if you meet just 50% of the role’s requirements.
At Webflow, we believe that what we’re doing doesn’t define our success -- so we focus on our “why” and “how”:
To empower everyone to create for the web -- and lead impactful, fulfilling lives while we do it.
Our core behaviors (how we act)
- Earn customer trust
- Get it done, do it right
- Practice candor with care
- Dream big, ship often
Our commitments to you
- We’ll pay you! This is a full-time, salaried position that includes equity
- We’ll invest in your physical and mental well-being with health, dental, and vision benefits and a monthly stipend for health and wellness expenses
- We’ll pay you to take a vacation … seriously. We’ll give you a $1,000 bonus for taking your first vacation with us that is more than 5 days
- We offer flexible parental leave
- We provide remote employees with the equipment they need to create a great remote work environment
- We will offer you the support you need to help you grow as an impactful Director, Developer Relations and a human being
Ready to apply?
If you share our values and enthusiasm for empowering the world, we’d love to review your application! We promise we do take the time and care to review every application we receive. However, as much as we wish we could interview everyone who submits an application, we cannot guarantee an interview or feedback due to the unprecedented volume of applications we are receiving today. We are rooting for you, and hope you do consider applying.
Note: You'll need valid U.S. work authorization to join us. (remove if you can hire international candidates
Please note that a background check and employment verification may be required for this position. If required, we may obtain one or more background screening reports about you, solely for employment purposes. If your application is selected, your Recruiter will provide additional context about our background check and employment verification process and will happily answer any questions you may have. (Include for Finance Dept, VP level, Security, IT, Infrastructure, SRE and People (POD) roles)