Webflow is a visual web development platform that empowers non-coders to create incredible experiences for the web.
We’re adding a Staff Software Engineer to our team to lead and manage strategic initiatives to improve and scale our backend services, while helping to mentor other members of our engineering team.
About the role
- Location: Remote
As a Staff Software Engineer, you’ll:
- Architect, design, and implement scalable backend services
- Cross-collaborate with software engineers, product managers, designers, and QA analysts in an autonomous, supportive team environment
- Build and maintain unit and integration tests
- Mentor other engineers on best practices, code design considerations, and quality
That said, these role responsibilities are just the start! At Webflow, we encourage you to contribute wherever your interests take you — and shape your role accordingly.
And this isn’t just a philosophical bent: we actually give you 4 hours a week (10% of the work week) to pursue passion projects directly related to Webflow.
You’ll thrive as a Staff Software Engineer if you:
- Have shaped the direction, design, and creation of new initiatives through deployment
- Value testing and documentation equally as much as your code
- Are comfortable with ambiguity and scoping solutions with your teammates
- Have consistently communicated trade offs throughout a project to meet both technical and business requirements
- Get excited about encouraging and developing other engineers
If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Studies show that you can still be considered for a role if you meet just 50% of the role’s requirements.
At Webflow, we believe that our success will not only be defined by what we do — but by how and why we do it. So, here is the Webflow “why” and our “how”:
Our dual missions — one for the world, one for us
- For the world: To empower everyone to create for the web and spark an unprecedented wave of digital innovation.
- For ourselves: Lead fulfilling, impactful lives.
Our core behaviors (how we act)
- Start with customers
- Practice extraordinary kindness
- Be radically candid
- Move intentionally fast
- Just fix it
- Lead by serving others
- Dream big
Our commitments to you
- We’ll pay you! This is a full-time, salaried position that includes equity
- We’ll invest in your physical and mental well-being with health, dental, and vision benefits and a monthly stipend for health and wellness expenses
- We’ll pay you to take a vacation … seriously. We’ll give you a $1,000 bonus for taking your first vacation with us that is more than 5 days
- We offer flexible parental leave for moms and dads
- We provide remote employees with the equipment they need to create a great remote work environment
- We will offer you the support you need to help you grow as an impactful Staff Software Engineer and a healthy human being
Ready to apply?
If you share our values and our enthusiasm for empowering the world, we’d love to hear from you!