Webflow is a visual web development platform that empowers non-coders to create incredible experiences for the web. At Webflow, we’re on a mission to enable everyone to create for the web — and empower our team to lead fulfilling, impactful lives while we do it.
We’re looking for a People Business Partner to help us expand globally to Canada and empower managers to do their best work by providing coaching, learning, and development opportunities.
About the role:
- Location: Ontario, Canada or US-remote
- Full Time
As a People Business Partner, you’ll:
- Partner with and support approx. 30 of our People Managers and their teams across Brand Design, Customer Support, Education, Marketing and Sales across APAC, CA, EMEA and US time zones on a recurring basis to create a feedback loop for the People Department, proactively manage manager performance concerns, coach managers through difficult conversations and keep teams informed of policies, guidelines, and processes
- Provide insight and support for the programs, systems, and education initiatives of other Business Partners and People & Org. Development team roles (Diversity, Equity & Inclusion, Lifecycle processes, Total Rewards) while also leading specific initiatives with teams supported (e.g. Sales onboarding)
- Conduct processes and facilitate conversations with Team Members during key lifecycle events such as investigations, ADA requests, terminations, performance improvement plans, role changes, manager changes, development plan building, etc.
- Mentor junior People Operations team members to support them with difficult situations, navigating feedback or compliance matters to expedite growth and confidence
- Recommend and provide expert labor law perspective and partner with various teams to carry out programs that meet the needs of our scaling business (e.g. Canada expansion program adaptations)
- Partner with the legal team to navigate in depth compliance and policy development as we expand globally
That said, these responsibilities are just the start! At Webflow, we encourage you to contribute wherever your interests take you — and shape your role accordingly.
And this isn’t just a philosophical bent: we actually give you 4 hours a week (10% of the work week) to pursue passion projects outside of your role responsibilities.
You’ll thrive in this role if you:
- Have experience coaching first-time managers, staying up-to-date on Canadian labor laws, and leading performance management initiatives
- Have experience leading teams that you can incorporate into your manager coaching sessions and problem-solving
- Possess a strong foundation in employment law, and have familiarity with globally distributed team dynamics, and can discern when a team member or manager request or complaint triggers a compliance-related process or escalation
- Default to empathy and first seek to understand the experiences of others before you jump into action or solutions
- Are comfortable delivering radical candor to your team and senior leaders
- Have experience designing new policies in both a compliant and progressive way
- Have led or managed team development processes or related programs
- Can confront difficult situations with a balance of relentless persistence and commitment to kindness (this job is tough)
If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Studies show that meeting just 50% of a role’s requirements puts you in the running.
At Webflow, we believe that our success will be defined not only by what we do — but also by how and why we do it. So, here is the Webflow “why” and our “how”:
Our dual missions — one for the world, one for us
- For the world: To empower everyone to create for the web and spark an unprecedented wave of digital innovation.
- For ourselves: Lead fulfilling, impactful lives.
Our core behaviors (how we act)
- Start with customers
- Practice extraordinary kindness
- Be radically candid
- Move intentionally fast
- Just fix it
- Lead by serving others
- Dream big
Our commitments to you
- We’ll pay you! This is a full-time, salaried position that includes equity
- We’ll invest in your physical and mental well-being with health, dental, and vision benefits and a monthly stipend for health and wellness expenses
- We’ll pay you to take a vacation … seriously. We’ll give you a $1,000 bonus for taking your first vacation with us that is more than 5 days
- We offer flexible parental leave
- We provide remote employees with the equipment they need to create a great remote work environment
- We will offer you the support you need to help you grow as an impactful People Business Partner and a human being
Ready to apply?
If you share our values and our enthusiasm for empowering the world, we’d love to review your application!
Note: You'll need valid United States or Canadian work authorization to join us.
Please note that a background check and employment verification may be required for this position. If required, we may obtain one or more background screening reports about you, solely for employment purposes. If your application is selected, your Recruiter will provide additional context about our background check and employment verification process and will happily answer any questions you may have.