Webflow is a visual web development platform that empowers non-coders to create incredible experiences for the web.
We are adding a Group Engineering Manager to our team to lead one of our strategic pillars in engineering. In this role you will empower your team to deliver impactful outcomes by developing and creating buy-in for sub-team vision and strategy in collaboration with cross-functional partners and leadership.
About the role
- Location: San Francisco HQ or US remote
As a Group Engineering Manager you’ll:
- Advocate for your team emphasizing career growth and personal development
- Scale your organization by partnering with Recruiting to attract and retain top talent
- Collaborate with cross-functional peers such as Product and Design to set goals and define business strategy
- Prioritize execution and support your team in delivering high-quality results
- Drive goal-setting with your team and how them accountable for results
- Create and iterate on processes to increase the effectiveness of your teams
- Guide your team to make sound architecture decisions and create an environment where technical innovation thrives
- Exemplify Webflow’s Core Behaviors in the pursuit of our audacious two-fold mission to democratize software development and enable team members to lead meaningful and impactful lives
That said, these role responsibilities are just the start! At Webflow, we encourage you to contribute wherever your interests take you — and shape your role accordingly.
And this isn’t just a philosophical bent: we actually give you 4 hours a week (10% of the work week) to tackle passion projects outside of your role responsibilities.
You’ll thrive as a Group Engineering Manager if:
- You’ve been responsible for setting the vision and strategy for a division of engineering
- You have a deep understanding of Agile fundamentals and the mental models that promote strong execution
- You have rapidly scaled teams and know how to develop and execute a growth strategy
- You are committed to cultivating an inclusive team culture
- You have managed geographically distributed teams
If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Studies show that you can still be considered for a role if you meet just 50% of the role’s requirements.
At Webflow, we believe that our success will be defined not only by what we do — but also by how and why we do it. So, here is the Webflow “why” and our “how”:
Our dual missions — one for the world, one for us
- For the world: To empower everyone to create for the web and spark an unprecedented wave of digital innovation.
- For ourselves: Lead fulfilling, impactful lives.
Our core behaviors (how we act)
- Start with customers
- Practice extraordinary kindness
- Be radically candid
- Move intentionally fast
- Just fix it
- Lead by serving others
- Dream big
Our commitments to you
- We’ll pay you! This is a full-time, salaried position that includes equity
- We’ll invest in your physical and mental well-being with health, dental, and vision benefits and a monthly stipend for health and wellness expenses
- We’ll pay you to take a vacation … seriously. We’ll give you a $1,000 bonus for taking your first vacation with us that is more than 5 days
- We offer flexible parental leave
- We provide remote employees with the equipment they need to create a great remote work environment
- We will offer you the support you need to help you grow as an impactful Group Engineering Manager and a human being
Ready to apply?
If you share our values and enthusiasm for empowering the world, we’d love to review your application! We promise we do take the time and care to review every application we receive. However, as much as we wish we could interview everyone who submits an application, we cannot guarantee an interview or feedback due to the unprecedented volume of applications we are receiving today. We are rooting for you, and hope you do consider applying.
Note: You'll need valid U.S. work authorization to join us.