Webflow is a visual web development platform that empowers non-coders to create incredible experiences for the web.
We are looking for a Group Engineering Manager to lead our Growth team. This person would help our Product Engineering organization achieve ambitious goals while cultivating an environment of excellence, care, and curiosity.
Learn more about our engineering culture on our KeyValues profile.
About the role
- Location: San Francisco HQ or US remote
As a Group Engineering Manager, Growth you’ll:
- Oversee the scoping and implementation of experiment design
- Facilitate increases of customer acquisition and engagement
- Manage a full-stack team focused on rapid iteration and data-driven development
- Collaborate with cross-functional peers such as Product and Design to set goals and define business strategy
- Drive goal-setting with your team and hold them accountable for results
- Balance projects ranging from quick prototypes to large-scope feature development
- Exemplify Webflow’s Core Behaviors in the pursuit of our audacious two-fold mission to democratize software development and enable team members to lead meaningful and impactful lives
That said, these role responsibilities are just the start! At Webflow, we encouraged you to contribute wherever your interests take you — and shape your role accordingly.
And this isn’t just a philosophical bent: we actually give you 4 hours a week (10% of the work week) to tackle passion projects outside of your role responsibilities.
You’ll thrive as a Group Engineering Manager if:
- You have 7+ years in a leadership role where you’ve managed managers and 4+ years as a Technical individual contributor
- You have a deep understanding of Agile fundamentals and the mental models that promote strong execution
- You have rapidly scaled teams and know how to develop and execute a growth strategy
- You are committed to cultivating an inclusive team culture
- You have managed geographically distributed teams
However, even if you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Studies show that meeting just 50% of a role’s requirements puts you in the running.
At Webflow, we believe that our success will not only be defined by what we do — but by how and why we do it. So, here is the Webflow “why” and our “how”:
Our dual missions — one for the world, one for us
- For the world: To empower everyone to create for the web and spark an unprecedented wave of digital innovation.
- For ourselves: Lead fulfilling, impactful lives.
Our core behaviors (how we act)
- Start with customers
- Practice extraordinary kindness
- Be radically candid
- Move uncomfortably fast
- Just fix it
- Lead by serving others
- Dream big
Our commitments to you
- We’ll pay you! This is a full-time, salaried position that includes equity
- We’ll invest in your physical and mental well-being with health, dental, and vision benefits and a monthly stipend for health and wellness expenses
- We’ll pay you to take a vacation … seriously. We’ll give you a $1,000 bonus for taking your first vacation with us that is more than 5 days
- We offer flexible parental leave for moms and dads
- We provide remote employees with the equipment they need to create a great remote work environment
- We will offer you the support you need to help you grow as an impactful Group Engineering Manager and a healthy human being
Ready to apply?
If you share our values and our enthusiasm for empowering the world, we’d love to hear from you!