Webflow is a visual web development platform that empowers non-coders to create incredible experiences for the web.
We’re looking for a Staff Software Engineer, Frontend to help us build thrilling user experiences with the latest web technologies: Node.js, Mongo, AWS, React, Flux architecture, CSS-in-JS, ES2015+, Mocha, Cypress.io, Jest, and Flow. Webflow empowers hundreds of thousands of people and we need your expertise to make us even better.
About the role
- Location: San Francisco HQ, US Remote, or ON/BC, Canada
As a Staff Software Engineer, Frontend, you’ll:
- Write performant and accessible UI components (React) that power visual design experiences and websites (check out CSS Grid, E-commerce, Interactions, and more!)
- Collaborate with software engineers, product managers, designers and QA analysts in an autonomous, supportive team environment
- Build and maintain unit and integration tests (Mocha, Jest, Cypress)
- Mentor other engineers on best practices, code design considerations, and quality
That said, these responsibilities are just the start! At Webflow, we encourage you to contribute wherever your interests take you — and shape your role accordingly.
You’ll thrive as a Staff Software Engineer, Frontend, if you:
- Have 5-10+ years of experience in scalable, multi-tenant environments that drive rich front-end experiences.
- Have 2+ years experience tech leading teams, including helping scope and breakdown work.
- Have developed a scalable SaaS product or service that builds customer trust through accessible and reliable user experiences
- Value testing and documentation as much as you do code
- Are comfortable with ambiguity and scoping solutions with your teammates
- Have consistently communicated trade offs throughout a project to meet both technical and business requirements
- Get excited about encouraging and developing earlier-career engineers
If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Studies show that you can still be considered for a role if you meet just 50% of the role’s requirements.
To empower everyone to create for the web — and lead impactful, fulfilling lives while we do it.
- Earn customer trust
- Get it done, do it right
- Practice candor with care
- Dream big, ship often
Our commitments to you
- We’ll pay you! This is a full-time, salaried position that includes equity
- We’ll invest in your physical and mental well-being with health, dental, and vision benefits and a monthly stipend for health and wellness expenses
- We’ll pay you to take a vacation … seriously. We’ll give you a $1,000 bonus for taking your first vacation with us that is more than 5 days
- We offer flexible parental leave for moms and dads
- We provide remote employees with the equipment they need to create a great remote work environment
- We will offer you the support you need to help you grow as an impactful Senior Software Engineer and a healthy human being
Ready to apply?
If you share our values and our enthusiasm for empowering the world, we’d love to hear from you!
If you are extended an offer, that offer may be contingent upon your successful completion of a background check, which will be conducted in accordance with applicable laws. We may obtain one or more background screening reports about you, solely for employment purposes.
Webflow requires all new employees to submit proof of their COVID-19 vaccination status as a condition of their employment. As such, your failure to timely provide such information, upon Webflow's request, may result in the revocation of your offer or the termination of your employment with Webflow, as applicable.
At this time, Webflow does not require fully remote employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. However, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination to work out of any Webflow office, visit an office, or attend any in person work events, including company off-sites, company sponsored social gatherings, and meetings. As such, at this time, we will only consider individuals who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for roles which require any in person work. If, due to the nature of your role, you are at any time during your employment required to work in person, but you are not fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to applicable regulations, your employment may be terminated.
We are committed to maintaining a safe and inclusive workplace, and our vaccination policy will evolve in response to the changing risks and regulations associated with COVID-19.