Webflow is a visual web development platform that empowers non-coders to create incredible experiences for the web.
We’re looking for a Staff Software Engineer, Frontend to help us build thrilling user experiences with the latest web technologies: Node.js, Mongo, AWS, React, Flux architecture, CSS-in-JS, ES2015+, Mocha, Cypress.io, Jest, and Flow. Webflow empowers hundreds of thousands of people and we need your expertise to make us even better.
About the role
- Location: Remote
As a Staff Software Engineer, Frontend, you’ll:
- Write performant and accessible UI components (React) that power visual design experiences and websites (check out CSS Grid, E-commerce, Interactions, and more!)
- Collaborate with software engineers, product managers, designers and QA analysts in an autonomous, supportive team environment
- Build and maintain unit and integration tests (Mocha, Jest, Cypress)
- Mentor other engineers on best practices, code design considerations, and quality
That said, these responsibilities are just the start! At Webflow, we encourage you to contribute wherever your interests take you — and shape your role accordingly. And this isn’t just a philosophical bent: we actually give you 4 hours a week (10% of the work week) to pursue passion projects outside of your role responsibilities.
You’ll thrive as a Staff Software Engineer, Frontend, if you:
- Have significant engineering experience (5-10+ years) in scalable, multi-tenant environments that drive rich front-end experiences.
- Have 2+ years experience tech leading teams, including helping scope and breakdown work.
- Have developed a scalable SaaS product or service that builds customer trust through accessible and reliable user experiences
- Value testing and documentation as much as you do code
- Are comfortable with ambiguity and scoping solutions with your teammates
- Have consistently communicated trade offs throughout a project to meet both technical and business requirements
- Get excited about encouraging and developing earlier-career engineers
If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Studies show that you can still be considered for a role if you meet just 50% of the role’s requirements.
At Webflow, we believe that our success will be defined not only by what we do — but also by how and why we do it. So, here is the Webflow “why” and our “how”:
Our dual missions — one for the world, one for us
- For the world: To empower everyone to create for the web and spark an unprecedented wave of digital innovation.
- For ourselves: Lead fulfilling, impactful lives.
Our core behaviors (how we act)
- Start with customers
- Practice extraordinary kindness
- Be radically candid
- Move intentionally fast
- Just fix it
- Lead by serving others
- Dream big
Our commitments to you
- We’ll pay you! This is a full-time, salaried position that includes equity
- We’ll invest in your physical and mental well-being with health, dental, and vision benefits and a monthly stipend for health and wellness expenses
- We’ll pay you to take a vacation … seriously. We’ll give you a $1,000 bonus for taking your first vacation with us that is more than 5 days
- We offer flexible parental leave
- We provide remote employees with the equipment they need to create a great remote work environment
- We will offer you the support you need to help you grow as an impactful Staff Fullstack Software Engineer and a human being
Ready to apply?
If you share our values and enthusiasm for empowering the world, we’d love to review your application! We promise we do take the time and care to review every application we receive. However, as much as we wish we could interview everyone who submits an application, we cannot guarantee an interview or feedback due to the unprecedented volume of applications we are receiving today. We are rooting for you, and hope you do consider applying.
Note: You'll need valid U.S. work authorization to join us.