Webflow is a visual web development platform that empowers non-coders to create incredible experiences for the web.
We are looking to hire a seasoned Director, Information Technology to lead us as we continue to scale and grow as a globally distributed team of 250 to many multiples of that over time. The goal is to ensure IT systems and people are effective and functioning in ways that help us achieve our dual missions sustainably.
About the role
- Location: US-Remote
As a Director, IT, you’ll …
- Own the outcomes for all IT operations, systems, and your team’s success
- Develop and implement strategy that helps a globally distributed fast-growing team navigate the competing needs to move quickly and flexibly while also keeping security top of mind
- Hire, develop, and performance manage a small but growing team of experienced IT professionals
- Project manage all departmental objectives to completion, including but not limited to, Identity Management, Asset Management, IT Onboarding and Offboarding, and IT Facilities
- Develop, manage, and track the IT department's annual budget while controlling budget and reporting on expenditure
- Assist in building enduring relationships with customers, both internal teams and external vendors
- Consult senior-level stakeholders across the entire organization to identify business and technology needs and to optimize the use of current and future information technology systems
- Develop standards and operational procedures that support current and future operational needs
- Develop and implement departmental metrics and statistics in line with company level goals
That said, these responsibilities are just the start! At Webflow, we encourage you to contribute wherever your interests take you — and shape your role accordingly. And this isn’t just a philosophical bent: we actually give you 4 hours a week (10% of the work week) to pursue passion projects outside of your role responsibilities.
You’ll thrive as a Director, IT if you:
- Have significant experience working in an IT Leadership role at a scaling, cloud-based company
- Have substantial people management experience, and consider yourself a people manager first
- Enjoy a fast-paced, globally distributed, and changing environment that enables you to juggle many types of projects at once, from an enterprise business applications technical project you may lead yourself to the project managing of cross-functional teams to deliver on a new asset management process
- Are able to get things done in complex and collaborative environments (we’re seeking someone with a project management, prioritization, and operational excellence bent)
- Have deep knowledge of allied teams and function and how to partner effectively with them (e.g., People (HR), Engineering, Security, etc.)
- Possess interpersonal skills and ability to effectively communicate with teams across the entire organization in order to delight, influence, and complete deliverables
- Are experienced with relevant tools and systems such as G Suite, JAMF, OKTA, Asset Panda, ClickUp etc.
If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Studies show that you can still be considered for a role if you meet just 50% of the role’s requirements.
At Webflow, we believe that our success will be defined not only by what we do — but also by how and why we do it. So, here is the Webflow “why” and our “how”:
Our dual missions — one for the world, one for us
- For the world: To empower everyone to create for the web and spark an unprecedented wave of digital innovation.
- For ourselves: Lead fulfilling, impactful lives.
Our core behaviors (how we act)
- Start with customers
- Practice extraordinary kindness
- Be radically candid
- Move intentionally fast
- Just fix it
- Lead by serving others
- Dream big
Our commitments to you
- We’ll pay you! This is a full-time, salaried position that includes equity
- We’ll invest in your physical and mental well-being with health, dental, and vision benefits and a monthly stipend for health and wellness expenses
- We’ll pay you to take a vacation … seriously. We’ll give you a $1,000 bonus for taking your first vacation with us that is more than 5 days
- We offer flexible parental leave
- We provide remote employees with the equipment they need to create a great remote work environment
- We will offer you the support you need to help you grow as an impactful Director, IT and a human being
Ready to apply?
If you share our values and enthusiasm for empowering the world, we’d love to review your application! We promise we do take the time and care to review every application we receive. However, as much as we wish we could interview everyone who submits an application, we cannot guarantee an interview or feedback due to the unprecedented volume of applications we are receiving today. We are rooting for you, and hope you do consider applying.
Note: You'll need valid U.S. work authorization to join us.
Please note that a background check and employment verification may be required for this position. If required, we may obtain one or more background screening reports about you, solely for employment purposes. If your application is selected, your Recruiter will provide additional context about our background check and employment verification process and will happily answer any questions you may have.