Webflow is a fast-growing, mission-driven startup leading the emerging no-code industry. With over 100,000 paying customers, we’ve built a sustainable business to empower everyone to create software without having to learn to code.
We’re looking for an experienced Chief of Staff to support Webflow’s CEO, Vlad Magdalin, during our next phase of rapid growth.
As Chief of Staff, you will be a senior-level individual contributor and member of the executive team. You will work closely with Webflow’s talented and diverse executive leadership team to ensure all business functions work together effectively to deliver on Webflow’s key strategic objectives. This is a rare opportunity for a goal-oriented and people-centric individual to shape the future of a leading technology company.
While this role is open to remote candidates, maximum overlap with the Pacific time zone is highly preferred.
About the role
- Location: San Francisco HQ or US remote (able to support PST hours)
As the Chief of Staff to the CEO you will …
- Serve as the CEO’s trusted thought partner, proxy, project manager, and champion for operational excellence across the entire Webflow team – effectively extending their bandwidth and influence, and helping the CEO focus on the highest priorities for the company
- Contribute to the success of the company at the highest level by acting as an accountability partner to the CEO to make sure their time is focused on the most impactful and highest-leverage activities, helping them to reach their fullest potential as a leader
- Facilitate the rhythm of the business at Webflow, ensuring that the CEO and the leadership team are focused on the right short-term and long-term priorities – including organizing goal/OKR reviews, leadership offsites, and strategy/planning sessions
- Plan, prepare, co-lead, and follow up on leadership and team meetings in a way that fosters a healthy team culture – facilitating constructive debate, fostering team bonding, surfacing misalignment, creating shared context, managing action items, and holding leaders accountable for their deliverables
- Partner with the CEO to craft effective internal and external communications – including but not limited to weekly leadership emails, all-team presentations, board decks, customer pitches, external events
- Collaborate closely with each member of the leadership team to understand their needs and challenges, and ensure smooth information flow and effective decision making across the entire team
These responsibilities are just a start! At Webflow, we encourage you to contribute wherever your interests take you — and help shape your role accordingly over time.
You’ll thrive as Chief of Staff if you:
- Have at least 5 years of operations experience (preferably supporting C-level executives) in an ever-changing startup environment – including a proven track record of expert project management, superb attention to detail, and stakeholder management
- Love creating alignment among a diverse group of leaders, fostering healthy team collaboration, and building an environment of operational excellence and psychological safety
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills – including great emails, effective summaries, and impactful decks – in a style that is concise, articulate, kind, and capable of inspiring a team
- Have experience setting company direction, from high-level strategic direction down to operational details, within a multi-team and cross-disciplinary environment (remote team experience a big plus)
- Have strong change management skills and can lead the operational and communications efforts needed to effectively navigate multiple work streams in a scaling environment
- Take pride in facilitating shared outcomes that serve the business and the team and prioritize collective success over individual glory
- Embrace a culture of constructive feedback and can serve as a candid and caring truth teller, especially to leaders and executives – with a proven ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with care and discretion
- Constantly seek to multiply the potential of the people and teams around you
If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Studies show that meeting just 50% of a role’s requirements puts you in the running.
At Webflow, we believe that our success will be defined not only by what we do — but also by how and why we do it. So, here is the Webflow “why” and our “how”:
Our dual missions — one for the world, one for us
- For the world: To empower everyone to create for the web and spark an unprecedented wave of digital innovation.
- For ourselves: Lead fulfilling, impactful lives.
Our core behaviors (how we act)
- Start with customers
- Practice extraordinary kindness
- Be radically candid
- Move intentionally fast
- Just fix it
- Lead by serving others
- Dream big
Our commitments to you
- We’ll pay you! This is a full-time, salaried position that includes equity
- We’ll invest in your physical and mental well-being with health, dental, and vision benefits and a monthly stipend for health and wellness expenses
- We’ll pay you to take a vacation … seriously. We’ll give you a $1,000 bonus for taking your first vacation with us that is more than 5 days
- We offer flexible parental leave
- We provide remote employees with the equipment they need to create a great remote work environment
- We will offer you the support you need to help you grow as an impactful team member and a human being
Ready to apply?
If you share our values and our enthusiasm for empowering the world, we’d love to review your application!
Note: You'll need valid U.S. work authorization to join us for this role.