Webflow is a visual web development platform that empowers non-coders to create incredible experiences for the web.
We’re looking for a People Business Lead, reporting directly to the VP People, to strategically support her as we scale our organization.
About the role
- Location: San Francisco HQ or US remote
- Full time
As a People Business Lead, you’ll …
- Be a chief of staff to the VP People and member of the People Leads Team to support a variety of operational needs that will help Webflow scale its People department and its offerings in an innovative and sustainable way.
- Facilitate all People Department meeting and communication cadences; use feedback and best practice to ensure we are sharing knowledge and communicating in ways that are efficient and productive.
- Lead a number of cross functional “squads” within the People Department to ensure that the way we document knowledge, launch programs, and spend resources, and more are aligned and optimized.
- In times of organizational change, be a key partner to the VP People; act as the project manager and change manager to ensure a smooth transition across all relevant participants and stakeholders.
- Manage and operationalize complex budgets for the People Department and DEI initiatives.
- Build and develop relationships with all members of the people team to synthesize operational opportunity themes and build scalable solutions that support productivity.
- Own the outcomes for a set of dynamic cross-functional special projects that are key priorities for the People department and fall outside of the skillset or scope of the functional teams.
- Lead business operations within the People department, facilitating goal-setting, creating and maintaining reports, and developing assets such as decks and policies on behalf of the VP People.
- Copyedit, ghostwrite, and support the creation of various policies, internal marketing, and communications in close partnership with the Senior Internal Comms Manager on behalf of the VP People.
That said, these responsibilities are just the start! At Webflow, we encourage you to contribute wherever your interests take you — and shape your role accordingly. And this isn’t just a philosophical bent: we actually give you 4 hours a week (10% of the work week) to pursue passion projects outside of your role responsibilities.
You’ll thrive as a People Business Lead if you:
- Consider yourself a project manager at heart, with an awareness and fondness for change management.
- Have experience navigating segmented organizations at a global scale going through rapid growth.
- Breadth of knowledge of best practices in People, from talent acquisition to employment law to metrics and reporting (SHRM-CP or PHR certification a plus!).
- Enjoy being delegated ownership of ambiguous goals, and finding intentional, strategic, and scalable solutions to achieve those goals.
- Can forecast long term sustainable needs, while still making logically and sequential decisions in the short term (sometimes we build the plane while we fly it)
- Have a penchant for thoughtful, inclusive, and concise communication- both verbal and written.
- Consider yourself an analytical, quantitative-focused researcher, and love diving into the latest tech tool, spreadsheet, or creation of a slide deck for an executive presentation.
- Possess discretion to understand how to balance transparency and confidentiality.
If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Studies show that you can still be considered for a role if you meet just 50% of the role’s requirements.
At Webflow, we believe that our success will be defined not only by what we do — but also by how and why we do it. So, here is the Webflow “why” and our “how”: Our dual missions — one for the world, one for us
- For the world: To empower everyone to create for the web and spark an unprecedented wave of digital innovation.
- For ourselves: Lead fulfilling, impactful lives.
Our core behaviors (how we act)
- Start with customers
- Practice extraordinary kindness
- Be radically candid
- Move intentionally fast
- Just fix it
- Lead by serving others
- Dream big
Our commitments to you
- We’ll pay you! This is a full-time, salaried position that includes equity
- We’ll invest in your physical and mental well-being with health, dental, and vision benefits and a monthly stipend for health and wellness expenses
- We’ll pay you to take a vacation … seriously. We’ll give you a $1,000 bonus for taking your first vacation with us that is more than 5 days
- We offer flexible parental leave
- We provide remote employees with the equipment they need to create a great remote work environment
- We will offer you the support you need to help you grow as an impactful People Business Lead and a human being
Ready to apply?
If you share our values and enthusiasm for empowering the world, we’d love to review your application! We promise we do take the time and care to review every application we receive. However, as much as we wish we could interview everyone who submits an application, we cannot guarantee an interview or feedback due to the unprecedented volume of applications we are receiving today. We are rooting for you, and hope you do consider applying.
Note: You'll need valid U.S. work authorization to join us.
Please note that a background check will be required in connection with this position. If required, we may obtain one or more background screening reports about you, solely for employment purposes. If your application is selected, your Recruiter will provide additional context about our background check process and will happily answer any questions you may have.