Since the beginning of recorded history, the internet has empowered billions of people and transformed virtually every economy on the planet. Until recently, the power to create for the web was limited to a very small fraction of people, often requiring complex code, conflicting libraries, and a doctorate in experimental particle physics.
Webflow is a visual web development platform that empowers non-coders to create incredible experiences for the web.
At Webflow, we’re spinning up an entirely new team in our Education department. We’re taking the same energy and enthusiasm people all over the world have come to know and love from Webflow University and expanding that to directly interface with our customers. This team will answer questions, provide inspiration and encouragement, and connect users with the tools they need to be successful in Webflow. This team will also be tasked with taking many of these learnings and transforming them into scalable articles and lessons for our customers, which can be distributed to and used by our Education, Marketing, and Customer support teams.
We’re looking for a Senior Product Expert to transform the way we interface with and learn from our customers through the Webflow Forum, the Wishlist, Webflow University, and our educational offerings on YouTube — and turn these interactions into scalable learning resources.
About the role
- Location: San Francisco HQ or US remote
As a Senior Product Expert you’ll …
- Research and solve for big challenges. When features aren’t yet built or something’s not currently possible in Webflow, you’ll drive internal conversations that solve for these customer needs, including working with the Education department to create and share out resources that help users extend Webflow’s current capabilities (integrations, automations, extensions, custom code, time travel, etc.). You’ll be responsible for researching, strategizing, and developing documentation and resources that solve for common challenges around web design and web development.
- Bring the fun. You’ll be responsible for pushing the boundaries of what people expect from engagement on platforms like the Webflow Forum. With Webflow University, we’ve developed a customer-facing brand and culture that’s known for industry-leading teaching, high-end and aspirational design, and the maximum legal amount of entertainment allowed in an article, video, or certification exam. We want to take that to the next level by expanding that same energy and enthusiasm to encompass direct interaction with our users.
- Relentlessly advocate for our users. Capture, triage, and escalate the needs of our users through internal advocacy based on conversations on our Forum, Wishlist, Webflow University, and YouTube with the goal of ensuring our teams at Webflow are as close as possible to the authentic customer voice. This includes (but isn’t limited to) identifying and reporting out on patterns in customer requests and challenges, working with engineering to clearly identify bugs impacting customers, and hosting calls and coffee chats with select Webflow users to learn from and listen to their experiences.
- Own the outcomes on our Forum, Wishlist, Webflow University communications, and education on YouTube. Work inside critical customer channels to set the tone and provide a safe and energetic environment for people to ask questions, learn from each other, and get inspired to use Webflow to create (almost) anything they can dream up. You’ll work inside and outside the Education department to surface learning resources and optimize search performance throughout each of these channels.
- Keep community members informed and manage expectations. You’ll work closely with Product, Marketing, and Customer support to share out our public-facing product priorities, gather and triage direct user feedback, and solve complex problems in many of our customer-facing channels.
That said, these responsibilities are just the start! At Webflow, we encourage you to contribute wherever your interests take you — and shape your role accordingly. And this isn’t just a philosophical bent: we actually give you 4 hours a week (10% of the work week) to pursue passion projects outside of your role responsibilities.
You’ll thrive as a Senior Product Expert if you:
- Have an unparalleled knowledge of (and love for) tools like Webflow and want to do everything in your power to get people as excited about them as you are
- Possess a deep understanding of (and regularly push the boundaries around) what’s possible through integrations and custom code
- Love working with and supporting users on everything from the basics to advanced, cutting-edge, boundary-pushing, mind-boggling design and development
- Have strong written and verbal communications and experience working with content in multiple mediums
- Get excited about working on top-secret, high-impact projects that don’t just directly affect users, but millions of our user’s users
- Enjoy working autonomously, creatively, and kindly with your teammates while empowering and supporting those around you
- Are a self-motivated, proactive team player, and you bias for action and work effectively in a highly ambiguous, ever-changing environment
If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Studies show that you can still be considered for a role if you meet just 50% of the role’s requirements.
At Webflow, we believe that our success will be defined not only by what we do — but also by how and why we do it. So, here is the Webflow “why” and our “how”:
Our dual missions — one for the world, one for us
- For the world: To empower everyone to create for the web and spark an unprecedented wave of digital innovation.
- For ourselves: Lead fulfilling, impactful lives.
Our core behaviors (how we act)
- Start with customers
- Practice extraordinary kindness
- Be radically candid
- Move intentionally fast
- Just fix it
- Lead by serving others
- Dream big
Our commitments to you
- We’ll pay you! This is a full-time, salaried position that includes equity
- We’ll invest in your physical and mental well-being with health, dental, and vision benefits and a monthly stipend for health and wellness expenses
- We’ll pay you to take a vacation … seriously. We’ll give you a $1,000 bonus for taking your first vacation with us that is more than 5 days
- We offer flexible parental leave
- We provide remote employees with the equipment they need to create a great remote work environment
- We will offer you the support you need to help you grow as an impactful Senior Product Expert and a human being
Ready to apply?
If you share our values and enthusiasm for empowering the world, we’d love to review your application! We promise we do take the time and care to review every application we receive. However, as much as we wish we could interview everyone who submits an application, we cannot guarantee an interview or feedback due to the unprecedented volume of applications we are receiving today. We are rooting for you, and hope you do consider applying.