About the role:
- Location: San Francisco HQ or remote (anywhere in the Western Hemisphere)
As a Senior Software Engineer, you’ll
- Join our Automation and Code Quality team, which is responsible for the Continuous Integration system that allows our engineers to build and test the
- Build developer tooling that supports and enhances the productivity and day-to-day efforts of your fellow engineers
- Work with other teams in the Systems and Infrastructure group to ensure consistency and performance across environments and improve the process of getting code from local development to production
- Work in an agile, safe-to-fail-but-always-learn environment, and hunger for growth opportunities
That said, these responsibilities are just the start! At Webflow, we encourage you to contribute wherever your interests take you — and shape your role accordingly.
And this isn’t just a philosophical bent: we actually give you 4 hours a week (10% of the work week) to pursue passion projects outside of your role responsibilities.
You'll thrive as a Senior Software Engineer if you:
- Experience with testing, test frameworks, test automation, and the work necessary to build and maintain tooling to make testing easier
- Built and maintained Continuous Integration pipelines and systems
- Experience with container-centric architectures, built with Docker and tools like Kubernetes (EKS, GKE, AKS, OpenShift, etc.), ECS, Docker Swarm, or Mesos
- Experience or interest in contributing to full-stack applications built using React, Node, and MongoDB
- Enthusiasm for mentoring and guiding less-experienced engineers
- Previous experience as an engineer on a product or infrastructure team
- Experience with code coverage and test metric tools, understands their limitations and strengths, and are familiar with one or more of them (we use Codecov and internally-built test metric dashboards).
It would be a bonus if you had even one of the following:
- Experience working in a distributed team, especially across international time zones
- Experience with performance and/or load testing concepts and tools
- For the world: To empower everyone to create for the web and spark an unprecedented wave of digital innovation.
- For ourselves: Lead fulfilling, impactful lives.
- Start with customers
- Practice extraordinary kindness
- Be radically candid
- Move intentionally fast
- Just fix it
- Lead by serving others
- Dream big
- We’ll pay you! This is a full-time, salaried position that includes equity
- We’ll invest in your physical and mental well-being with health, dental, and vision benefits and a monthly stipend for health and wellness expenses
- We’ll pay you to take a vacation … seriously. We’ll give you a $1,000 bonus for taking your first vacation with us that is more than 5 days
- We offer flexible parental leave
- We provide remote employees with the equipment they need to create a great remote work environment
- We will offer you the support you need to help you grow as an impactful Sr. Software Engineer and a human being
Ready to apply?
If you share our values and our enthusiasm for empowering the world, we’d love to review your application!
Note: You'll need valid U.S. work authorization to join us.