At Webflow, our mission is to bring development superpowers to everyone. Webflow is the leading visual development platform for building powerful websites without writing code. By combining modern web development technologies into one platform, Webflow enables people to build websites visually, saving engineering time, while clean code seamlessly generates in the background. From independent designers and creative agencies to Fortune 500 companies, millions worldwide use Webflow to be more nimble, creative, and collaborative. It’s the web, made better.
We’re looking for a Senior Site Reliability Engineer to improve reliability and stability of Webflow’s customer-facing, production infrastructure, serving millions of page views per hour. Our product is used by over 2 million users world-wide across 190 countries, and you’ll help ensure our platform is secure and scalable for these users as tens of thousands of projects are launched on Webflow each month.
About the role
- Location: Remote-first (United States; BC & ON, Canada)
- Our cash compensation amount for this role ranges from $130,000 - $178,000 for most US locations and $144,000 - $198,000 for US locations with a higher cost of labor. All figures cited above are in $USD and pertain to workers located in the United States. Pay is based on several factors including market location, and may vary depending on job related experience, knowledge, qualifications, and skills.
- Reporting to the Senior Engineering Manager, Site Reliability
As a Senior Site Reliability Engineer, you’ll…
- Join our App and Site Hosting team, which is responsible for infrastructure behind the main Webflow application, as well as the infrastructure required for our hosting plans.
- Empower engineers on other teams to take control of their services by writing shared infrastructure-as-code tooling and collaborating on internal best practices for infrastructure.
- Occasionally dive into the main Webflow application in React, Node, and MongoDB to better discern (and sometimes fix) behavior in production.
- Work with peers on Webflow’s Customer Support, Partnerships, and Sales teams to enable customers using Webflow’s services in production.
- Continuously improve on-call and incident response processes as the company grows.
In addition to the responsibilities outlined above, at Webflow we will support you in identifying where your interests and development opportunities lie and we'll help you incorporate them into your role.
You’ll thrive as a Senior Site Reliability Engineer if you:
- Either a background as an ops engineer with an enthusiasm for code, or a background as a software engineer with an enthusiasm for systems administration.
- 5+ years of experience building, maintaining, and debugging distributed systems in a customer-facing environment that allows for little to no downtime.
- Experience navigating and scaling multi-tier cloud environments on either AWS or GCP.
- Experience with container-centric architectures, built with Docker and tools like Kubernetes (EKS, GKE, AKS, OpenShift, etc.), ECS, Docker Swarm, or Mesos.
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code tools like Terraform, Ansible, Puppet, or Chef.
- Experience or interest in contributing to full-stack applications built using React, Node, and MongoDB.
- Enthusiasm for mentoring and sponsoring less-experienced engineers.
It would be a bonus if you had even one of the following:
- Experience with Kubernetes, OpenResty, Terraform, or Pulumi, specifically.
- Experience improving on-call and incident response processes for Engineering.
- Experience working in high-compliance environments or a special interest in security engineering. We are not the security team, but we are always looking to improve our security posture!
Even if you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Research shows that you may still be considered for a role if you meet just half of the requirements.
Our Core Behaviors:
- Obsess over customer experience. We deeply understand what we’re building and who we’re building for and serving. We define the leading edge of what’s possible in our industry and deliver the future for our customers.
- Move with heartfelt urgency. We have a healthy relationship with impatience, channeling it thoughtfully to show up better and faster for our customers and for each other. Time is the most limited thing we have, and we make the most of every moment.
- Say the hard thing with care. Our best work often comes from intelligent debate, critique, and even difficult conversations. We speak our minds and don’t sugarcoat things — and we do so with respect, maturity, and care.
- Make your mark. We seek out new and unique ways to create meaningful impact, and we champion the same from our colleagues. We work as a team to get the job done, and we go out of our way to celebrate and reward those going above and beyond for our customers and our teammates.
Benefits & wellness
- Equity ownership (RSUs) in a growing, privately-owned company
- 100% employer-paid healthcare, vision, and dental insurance coverage for employees and dependents (US; full-time Canadian workers working 30+ hours per week), as well as Health Savings Account/Health Reimbursement Account, dependent on insurance plan selection. Employees also have voluntary insurance options, such as life, disability, hospital protection, accident, and critical illness
- 12 weeks of paid parental leave for both birthing and non-birthing caregivers, as well as an additional 6-8 weeks of pregnancy disability for birthing parents to be used before child bonding leave. Employees also have access to family planning care and reimbursement
- Flexible PTO with an mandatory annual minimum of 10 days paid time off, and sabbatical program
- Access to mental wellness coaching, therapy, and Employee Assistance Program
- Monthly stipends to support health and wellness, as well as smart work, and annual stipends to support professional growth
- Professional career coaching, internal learning & development programs
- 401k plan and financial wellness benefits, like CPA or financial advisor coverage
- Commuter benefits for in-office workers
Temporary employees are not eligible for paid holiday time off, accrued paid time off, paid leaves of absence, or company-sponsored perks.
Be you, with us
At Webflow, equality is a core tenet of our culture. We are committed to building an inclusive global team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, beliefs, and experiences. Employment decisions are made on the basis of job-related criteria without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Not ready to apply, but want to be part of the Webflow community? Consider following our story on our Webflow Blog, LinkedIn, Twitter, and/or Glassdoor.
To join Webflow, you'll need valid U.S. or Canadian work authorization depending on the country of employment.
If you are extended an offer, that offer may be contingent upon your successful completion of a background check, which will be conducted in accordance with applicable laws. We may obtain one or more background screening reports about you, solely for employment purposes.
Webflow requires all new employees to submit their COVID-19 vaccination status as a condition of their employment. Your failure to timely provide requested information, may result in the revocation of your offer or the termination of your employment, as applicable.
At this time, Webflow does not permit employees who are not fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to work out of any Webflow office, visit an office, or attend any in person work or company sponsored events. We will only consider individuals who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for roles which require any in person work. If, due to the nature of your role, you are at any time required to work in person, but you are not fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to applicable regulations, your employment may be terminated.