Webflow is a visual web development platform that empowers non-coders to create incredible experiences for the web.
We’re hiring for a Senior Backend Engineer to help us build scalable backend services to increase the power of the Webflow platform using the latest technologies, and build an innovative architecture that puts the needs of our customers first.
About the role
- Location: Remote (Western Hemisphere)
As a Senior Backend Engineer, you’ll …
- Write scalable services, as well as new APIs and rewriting old ones, in Node.js, Express.js, Mongo, GraphQL, Apollo and AWS Lambda
- Collaborate with software engineers, product managers, designers, and QA analysts in an autonomous, supportive team environment
- Solve problems in a highly technical platform that empowers hundreds of thousands of people
- Refactor existing components and code paths into clearer, standardized, documented, and testable API-driven boundaries
- Unite our front and back end services
- Build and maintain unit and integration tests (Jest and Cypress)
- Improve our planning, development, and deployment processes to help you and your fellow team members
That said, these responsibilities are just the start! At Webflow, we encourage you to contribute wherever your interests take you — and shape your role accordingly.
You’ll thrive as a Senior Backend Engineer if you:
- Have 5+ years of experience engineering scalable multi-tenant systems
- Deeply understand data design and modeling
- Love studying design patterns — and know exactly how and when to apply them
- Are comfortable behind a linux terminal
- Are comfortable working in an agile, safe-to-fail environment
If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Studies show that you can still be considered for a role if you meet just 50% of the role’s requirements.
To empower everyone to create for the web — and lead impactful, fulfilling lives while we do it.
Our Core Behaviors
- Earn customer trust
- Get it done, do it right
- Practice candor with care
- Dream big, ship often
Our commitments to you
- We’ll pay you! This is a full-time, salaried position that includes equity
- We’ll invest in your physical and mental well-being with health, dental, and vision benefits and a monthly stipend for health and wellness expenses
- We’ll pay you to take a vacation … seriously. We’ll give you a $1,000 bonus for taking your first vacation with us that is more than 5 days
- We offer flexible parental leave
- We provide remote employees with the equipment they need to create a great remote work environment
- We will offer you the support you need to help you grow as an impactful Senior Backend Engineer and a human being
Ready to apply?
If you share our values and our enthusiasm for empowering the world, we’d love to review your application!
Please note that a background check and employment verification is required for this position. We may obtain one or more background screening reports about you, solely for employment purposes.