Webflow is a visual web development platform that empowers non-coders to create incredible experiences for the web. We’re looking for an experienced product designer to partner with our cross-functional teams and drive exceptional product design outcomes.
As a Staff Product Designer, you will help lead the design vision within the Capabilities area of our product, ensuring the highest quality user experience for our customers. This person will help shape the processes, tools, and best practices that enable our product design team to do their best work! Additionally, they will conceptualize and drive initiatives to elevate the impact of design across Webflow with a specific focus on improving and innovating on core features of the Webflow product.
About the role
- Location: HQ San Francisco, North America Remote, South America Remote, Europe Remote
As a Staff Product Designer on Capabilities, you will …
- Lead high impact design work in the Capabilities area of our Webflow product, which includes CMS, Editor, Ecommerce, and other dynamic data features
- Partner with our Product Management and Engineering teams to explore complex problem spaces and drive design outcomes
- Develop a thorough understanding of our customers through quantitative and qualitative data and research, solving for both customer needs and business impact
- Ensure a cohesive user experience by identifying and mediating the impact of design decisions across the entire product ecosystem
- Deliver low and high-fidelity UI and UX designs and specs to clearly communicate product design requirements for engineers
- Identify and act on opportunities to shape and improve the team’s processes to elevate output and impact
- Participate in design department activities as a lead and mentor to a team of other wonderful product designers
That said, these responsibilities are just the start! At Webflow, we encourage you to contribute wherever your interests take you — and shape your role accordingly. And this isn’t just a philosophical bent: we actually give you 4 hours a week (10% of the work week) to pursue passion projects outside of your role responsibilities.
You’ll thrive as Staff Product Designer on Capabilities if you:
- Possess a proven ability to empathize with and build solutions for users
- Enjoy tackling complex or ambitious technical design problems
- Thrive working autonomously to conceptualize and manage your own initiatives
- Can translate ambiguous problem spaces into actionable and discrete design steps
- Are able to effectively organize and communicate your thoughts to teammates and across the organization
- Can navigate and quickly move forward within a scaling company building a complex creative tool
- Embody Webflow’s core behavories and approach feedback with radical candor
If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Studies show that you can still be considered for a role if you meet just 50% of the role’s requirements.
At Webflow, we believe that our success will be defined not only by what we do — but also by how and why we do it. So, here is the Webflow “why” and our “how”:
Our dual missions — one for the world, one for us
- For the world: To empower everyone to create for the web and spark an unprecedented wave of digital innovation.
- For ourselves: Lead fulfilling, impactful lives.
Our core behaviors (how we act)
- Start with customers
- Practice extraordinary kindness
- Be radically candid
- Move intentionally fast
- Just fix it
- Lead by serving others
- Dream big
Our commitments to you
- We’ll pay you! This is a full-time, salaried position that includes equity
- We’ll invest in your physical and mental well-being with health, dental, and vision benefits and a monthly stipend for health and wellness expenses
- We’ll pay you to take a vacation … seriously. We’ll give you a $1,000 bonus for taking your first vacation with us that is more than 5 days
- We offer flexible parental leave
- We provide remote employees with the equipment they need to create a great remote work environment
- We will offer you the support you need to help you grow as an impactful Staff Product Designer and a human being
Ready to apply?
If you share our values and enthusiasm for empowering the world, we’d love to review your application! We promise we do take the time and care to review every application we receive. However, as much as we wish we could interview everyone who submits an application, we cannot guarantee an interview or feedback due to the unprecedented volume of applications we are receiving today. We are rooting for you, and hope you do consider applying.