Webflow is a visual web development platform that empowers non-coders to create incredible experiences for the web. We’re looking for an engineering manager to help our infrastructure group build and deliver the local development tools and testing processes that will help us achieve ambitious goals while cultivating an environment of excellence, care, and curiosity.
About the role
- Location: San Francisco HQ or US remote
As an Engineering Manager, you’ll …
- Work with the Build and Health team as they create and maintain the local development tooling and environment used by the entire engineering department
- Empower the Automation and Code Quality team to build better testing tools, improve test automation, and build out a performance and load testing platform
- Facilitate high-level goal-setting sessions for your team(s) and measure success via the predictable delivery of user value.
- Create and iterate on processes to increase the effectiveness and happiness of your teams
- Coach, mentor, and inspire individual contributors via 1:1s, feedback, advocacy, expectation setting, and day-to-day conversation so that their engagement and happiness trickles through to their teams
- Help your teams set, communicate, and achieve larger-picture technical architectural goals
- Exemplify Webflow’s Core Behaviors in the pursuit of our audacious two-fold mission to democratize software development and enable team members to lead meaningful and impactful lives
That said, these responsibilities are just the start! At Webflow, we encourage you to contribute wherever your interests take you — and shape your role accordingly.
And this isn’t just a philosophical bent: we actually give you 4 hours a week (10% of the work week) to pursue passion projects outside of your role responsibilities.
You’ll thrive as an Engineering Manager if you have:
- Experience in a Technical Leadership role
- Led or been part of an internal tools or test automation team in the past
- Experience with testing, test frameworks, test automation, and the work necessary to build and maintain tooling to make testing easier
- Experience working with common cloud providers and CI tools
- A technical background and have reached a senior engineering position at some point in your career
- An understanding of what intrinsically motivates human beings through autonomy, mastery, and purpose
- Embody Servant Leadership and possess a hunger to amplify others
- The empathy to deliver tough feedback respectfully, with candor and kindness
- An understanding of the complex nature of distributed web applications
If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Studies show that meeting just 50% of a role’s requirements puts you in the running.
At Webflow, we believe that our success will be defined not only by what we do — but also by how and why we do it. So, here is the Webflow “why” and our “how”:
Our dual missions — one for the world, one for us
- For the world: To empower everyone to create for the web and spark an unprecedented wave of digital innovation.
- For ourselves: Lead fulfilling, impactful lives.
Our core behaviors (how we act)
- Start with customers
- Practice extraordinary kindness
- Be radically candid
- Move intentionally fast
- Just fix it
- Lead by serving others
- Dream big
Our commitments to you
- We’ll pay you! This is a full-time, salaried position that includes equity
- We’ll invest in your physical and mental well-being with health, dental, and vision benefits and a monthly stipend for health and wellness expenses
- We’ll pay you to take a vacation … seriously. We’ll give you a $1,000 bonus for taking your first vacation with us that is more than 5 days
- We offer flexible parental leave
- We provide remote employees with the equipment they need to create a great remote work environment
- We will offer you the support you need to help you grow as an impactful Engineering Manager and a human being
Ready to apply?
If you share our values and our enthusiasm for empowering the world, we’d love to review your application!
Note: You'll need valid U.S. work authorization to join us.