Webflow is a visual web development platform that empowers non-coders to create incredible experiences for the web.
We’re adding a Lead User Researcher to our team who will help us better understand our customers and how to bring their needs to existing and new product initiatives for Webflow. This role will help us learn about our current and potential customers, and who we can serve by identifying continued and new opportunities in our product roadmap.
About the role
- Location: San Francisco HQ or US remote
As a Lead User Researcher, you’ll …
- Shape and define the research function at Webflow to make it a core pillar of the design department
- Plan and execute pragmatic and insightful user research: design research studies and tests, recruit participants, facilitate interviews, and analyze results
- Synthesize and package research insights into compelling narratives to present to the team in a digestible and actionable way
- Identify and drive new research initiatives that will influence the product roadmap
- Elevate Engineering, Product, and Design’s (EPD) research capabilities by equipping them with toolkits, training, and processes to set them up for success in their own research
That said, these responsibilities are just the start! At Webflow, we encourage you to contribute wherever your interests take you — and shape your role accordingly. And this isn’t just a philosophical bent: we actually give you 4 hours a week (10% of the work week) to pursue passion projects outside of your role responsibilities.
You’ll thrive as a Lead User Researcher if you have:
- A track record of applied research that has significant impact on product and/or company goals
- Experience with a wide range of evaluative and generative research methods: field studies, ethnography, participatory design, diary studies, usability testing or A/B testing
- Facilitation experience to drive consensus and buy-in especially from various groups and stakeholders
- Mentored/coached other researchers and product designers
- Experience implementing or improving tools/processes
- Experience with lean research integrated with product teams in an agile process
- Have the ability to parse large amount of research data and notes to generate insightful and actionable learnings
If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, we encourage you to still apply. Studies show that meeting just 50% of a role’s requirements puts you in consideration.
At Webflow, we believe that our success will be defined not only by what we do — but also by how and why we do it. So, here is the Webflow “why” and our “how”:
Our dual missions — one for the world, one for us
- For the world: To empower everyone to create for the web and spark an unprecedented wave of digital innovation.
- For ourselves: Lead fulfilling, impactful lives.
Our core behaviors (how we act)
- Start with customers
- Practice extraordinary kindness
- Be radically candid
- Move intentionally fast
- Just fix it
- Lead by serving others
- Dream big
Our commitments to you
- We’ll pay you! This is a full-time, salaried position that includes equity
- We’ll invest in your physical and mental well-being with health, dental, and vision benefits and a monthly stipend for health and wellness expenses
- We’ll pay you to take a vacation … seriously. We’ll give you a $1,000 bonus for taking your first vacation with us that is more than 5 days
- We offer flexible parental leave
- We provide remote employees with the equipment they need to create a great remote work environment
- We will offer you the support you need to help you grow as an impactful Lead User Researcher and a human being
Ready to apply?
If you share our values and enthusiasm for empowering the world, we’d love to review your application! We promise we do take the time and care to review every application we receive. However, as much as we wish we could interview everyone who submits an application, we cannot guarantee an interview or feedback due to the unprecedented volume of applications we are receiving today. We are rooting for you, and hope you do consider applying.
Note: You'll need valid U.S. work authorization to join us.