Webflow is a visual web development platform that empowers non-coders to create incredible experiences for the web. We’re looking for an engineering manager to help our Dynamo CMS Team achieve ambitious goals while cultivating an environment of excellence, care, and curiosity.
About the role
- Location: U.S. Remote (Eastern time zone)
As a Senior Engineering Manager, you’ll:
- Manage the team responsible for our core CMS features and infrastructure, the public facing REST API, and the data management layer of Webflow.
- Lead a product engineering team with members distributed globally across the U.S. and Europe.
- Help the team deliver new features and code improvements that scale and perform efficiently.
- Facilitate the team development process, working closely with Product Management, Design, and QA leads.
- Help shape company-wide processes and work with other Engineering Managers to continually evaluate how we can better support our reports and each other.
- Hold 1:1s with each of your reports where you offer them a platform for growth, allow them to gain clarity, offer suggestions, listen to them, learn about them as human beings, receive feedback, and more.
- Guide decisions and create an action-first environment where it's safe to fail as long as you learn.
- Efficiently unblock your reports to provide as much fruitful autonomy as possible.
- Provide feedback and radical candor designed to steer your reports toward meaningful progress and away from distractions, apathy, or a lack of purpose.
- Guide your reports in their career and participate in performance evaluations.
- Help your reports lead healthy and balanced lives.
- Lead by example and embody the spirit of Webflow's mission and core behaviors.
That said, these responsibilities are just the start! At Webflow, we encourage you to contribute wherever your interests take you — and shape your role accordingly. And this isn’t just a philosophical bent: we actually give you 4 hours a week (10% of the work week) to pursue passion projects related to Webflow.
You’ll thrive as an engineering manager if you:
- Have experience managing agile engineering teams
- Embody Servant Leadership and possess a hunger to amplify others
- Have the empathy to deliver tough feedback respectfully with candor and kindness
- Understand the technical architecture of complex web applications
If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Studies show that meeting just 50% of a role’s requirements puts you in the running.
At Webflow, we believe that our success will be defined not only by what we do — but also by how and why we do it. So, here is the Webflow “why” and our “how”:
Our dual missions — one for the world, one for us
- For the world: To empower everyone to create for the web and spark an unprecedented wave of digital innovation.
- For ourselves: Lead fulfilling, impactful lives.
Our core behaviors (how we act)
- Start with customers
- Practice extraordinary kindness
- Be radically candid
- Move intentionally fast
- Just fix it
- Lead by serving others
- Dream big
Our commitments to you
- We’ll pay you! This is a full-time, salaried position that includes equity
- We’ll invest in your physical and mental well-being with health, dental, and vision benefits plus a monthly stipend for health and wellness expenses
- We’ll pay you to take a vacation … seriously. We’ll give you a $1,000 bonus for taking your first vacation with us that is more than 5 days
- We offer flexible parental leave
- We give you a 5 week sabbatical after 5 years of service
- We provide remote employees with the equipment they need to create a great work environment, plus a monthly productivity stipend
- We will offer you the support you need to help you grow as an impactful engineering manager and a human being
Ready to apply?
If you share our values and our enthusiasm for empowering the world, we’d love to review your application!