Webflow is a visual web development platform that empowers non-coders to create incredible experiences for the web.
We’re looking for a Staff Fullstack Software Engineer to help us optimize, build, and expand our billing and project setting infrastructure. This person will have a significant impact on our business by architecting and implementing features that hundreds of thousands of Webflow users interact with each and every time they use our product.
About the role
- Location: San Francisco HQ or remote (anywhere in Western Hemisphere)
As a Staff Full-Stack Software Engineer, you’ll:
- Design and implement scalable services in Node.js and AWS Lambda
- Write and optimize MongoDB queries and data models
- Integrate and maintain external APIs including Stripe
- Create modern React components to accelerate our ability to create cohesive user experiences outside of Webflow’s designer
- Cross-collaborate with software engineers, product managers, designers and QA analysts in an autonomous, supportive team environment
- Build and maintain unit and integration tests (Jest and Cypress)
- Mentor other engineers on best practices, code design considerations, and quality
That said, these role responsibilities are just the start! At Webflow, we encourage you to contribute wherever your interests take you — and shape your role accordingly.
And this isn’t just a philosophical bent: we actually give you 4 hours a week (10% of the work week) to dedicate to passion projects directly related to Webflow.
You’ll thrive as a Staff Full-Stack Software Engineer if you:
- Have led a team to create a scalable SaaS infrastructure that builds trust with users through accuracy and consistent user experiences
- Value testing and documentation equally as much as your code
- Are comfortable with ambiguity and scoping solutions with your teammates
- Have consistently communicated trade offs throughout a project to meet both technical and business requirements
- Get excited about encouraging and developing entry-level engineers
However, even if you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Studies show that you can still be considered for a role if you meet just 50% of the role’s requirements.
At Webflow, we believe that our success will not only be defined by what we do — but by how and why we do it. So, here is the Webflow “why” and our “how”:
Our dual missions — one for the world, one for us
- For the world: To empower everyone to create for the web and spark an unprecedented wave of digital innovation.
- For ourselves: Lead fulfilling, impactful lives.
Our core behaviors (how we act)
- Start with customers
- Practice extraordinary kindness
- Be radically candid
- Move intentionally fast
- Just fix it
- Lead by serving others
- Dream big
Our commitments to you
- We’ll pay you! This is a full-time, salaried position that includes equity
- We’ll invest in your physical and mental well-being with health, dental, and vision benefits and a monthly stipend for health and wellness expenses
- We’ll pay you to take a vacation … seriously. We’ll give you a $1,000 bonus for taking your first vacation with us that is more than 5 days
- We offer flexible parental leave for moms and dads
- We provide remote employees with the equipment they need to create a great remote work environment
- We will offer you the support you need to help you grow as an impactful Senior Software Engineer and a healthy human being
Ready to apply?
If you share our values and our enthusiasm for empowering the world, we’d love to hear from you!