WebBank (the “Bank”) partners with multiple strategic partners to enable their credit programs. The Strategic partner credit policies and internal credit policies will be managed by the Senior Manager of Credit Risk Governance within the organization. The position will drive the credit risk governance framework and champion the Loan committee for the organization. The person will independently work with partner management team to execute on policy changes. The person will work with Commercial lending Risk Managers and Consumer risk managers to ensure adherence to credit policy. The role will also enable development of consumer credit policy change memos. The person will develop MIS and Monitoring process for various credit portfolios and create early monitoring processes.
- Manage Credit Risk Analytics of Strategic partner programs
- Manage and head the Loan Committee
- Develop independent analysis of consumer and small business credit portfolios and validate partner program policy changes
- Drive the Monthly Risk Monitoring & MIS Agenda
- Develop credit risk management processes and enable efficiencies
- Drive Risk Management Process Reengineering agenda
- Manage the credit policy library and manage continuous updates, identify opportunities within existing credit policies to drive policy changes
- Develop and manage credit risk governance processes
- Develop the credit risk section of board package
- Create tracking systems for changes and determine policy adherence
- Identify policy gaps and collaborate with partner teams to improve policy adherence
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, risk management or related field
- Strong financial / credit analysis experience with the ability to disseminate, understand and accurately report information
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in consumer lending, with exposure to a wide array of credit structures, industries, etc.
- Proficient in Excel, SAS, SQL, R, PYTHON, MS Office suite including PowerPoint.
- Credit Administrative experience is a plus
- Consumer underwriting or portfolio management experience is a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Disciplined, with a strong work ethic and the ability to work individually or within a team atmosphere to meet deadlines and ensure that the necessary information is being communicated with the appropriate parties in a timely manner