WebBank (the “Bank”) is headquartered in Salt Lake City, Utah and is an FDIC insured, Utah state chartered bank. WebBank is a leading national provider of online consumer and small business loans made in partnership with finance companies, OEMs, retailers and financial technology companies.
The Strategic Partner Program Manager ("Program Manager" or "PM") reports directly to the VP Risk and Relationship Management and is responsible for all aspects of the day-to-day oversight, supervision, and management of a designated Strategic Partner and Strategic Partner Program, which includes but is not limited to relationship management, ongoing marketing of product offerings, credit, operations, compliance, finance/settlement, policies and procedures, account management, vendor management, and technology. The Program Manager interacts with and is supported by each respective department within the Bank and third party resources (i.e. Outside Counsel) that are required for ongoing oversight, reviews and monitoring of the Strategic Partner Programs.
- The Program Manager is the primary point of contact for each assigned Strategic Partner in order to manage the ongoing oversight and supervision of their respective Strategic Partner Programs from a holistic perspective.
- Responsible for the overall risk management of assigned Strategic Partner Programs while also maintaining a balanced approach to client relationship and retention management.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory standards and policies by each assigned Strategic Partner to optimize the relationship while mitigating reputational and operational risks to the Bank.
- Interact via teleconference on a regular basis with each respective Strategic Partner to review progress related to any managed issues, opportunities and contractual requirements.
- Perform periodic risk-based targeted and annual site visits to review and audit the Strategic Partner's adherence to the Program Agreement and applicable regulations.
- Work closely with the assigned Compliance Manager and each respective department within the Bank or third-party resource that is required for ongoing oversight, program and product testing, reviews, and monitoring of assigned Strategic Partners.
- Work with the Strategic Partner to obtain and review monthly reporting metrics.
- Interact with the Bank's Credit Department to manage all aspects of the Strategic Partner's credit program, including initial and ongoing review and approval of credit policies, scorecards, account management strategies, and the overall underwriting process.
- Assess the Strategic Partner's Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery plans.
- Work with Outside Counsel to review and approve all required Strategic Partner Program material including policies, procedures and customer facing documentation.
- The Program Manager is responsible for scheduling the site visits, preparing the site visit agenda, managing the site visits, drafting the Site Visit Reports (in collaboration with other Bank employees who attend the site visit), reporting any management findings or recommendations, and tracking such findings to conclusion.
- Work with the Strategic Partner Risk Manager in drafting and proofing the annual risk assessment for assigned Strategic Partner Program and ensure it is written in a professional manner prior to submission.
- Support Bank management during regulatory exams or internal audits.
- Support Business Development with the onboarding of new Strategic Partners as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 5 years of consumer and/or commercial financing experience primarily focused on operations of consumer and commercial private-label or bank card products. Similar experience with a bank card processor is a plus.
- Good people management and interpersonal skills including the ability to work well in a team or on an individual basis.
- Experience dealing with regulators (FDIC, Utah Department of Financial Institutions) is highly desired.
- Strong knowledge of the current banking regulatory environment is required.
- Excellent ability to analyze complex issues and identify suitable solutions.
- This position requires travel to client locations equivalent to 25% of time.
- Ability to interface effectively with other departments and operate in a fast paced environment with minimum supervision.
- Ability to recognize and focus on critical issues. Flexibility to balance and respond to competing needs within the organization.
- Assertive self-starter, with exceptional professional verbal/written skills, who is highly organized and able to work independently to finish assigned projects.
- Solid working knowledge of various computer systems, software and changing technology.
- Attention to detail, with the ability to plan strategically and execute tenaciously.