Weaveworks front-end engineers are responsible for designing and implementing the user interface of our own cloud platform Weave Cloud as well as the UI and frontend of our Opens Source software, like Weave Scope. The front-end team works closely with the developer-experience and product teams to turn user stories into engaging and accessible user interfaces.
The ideal candidate would have proven experience delivering user interface for complex products as web applications using modern frontend tools. They would have previously worked closely with both backend engineers as well as with a developer experience team.
Our team includes people from a wide variety of backgrounds and skillsets. We have an experienced and battle-scarred management and software development team which include founders of RabbitMQ and alumni from Google, Microsoft, Canonical, VMWare, Symantec, Pivotal, New Relic, and more. We deeply understand how to develop, deploy, run and sell software.
How we work
We believe in working on open source software, and most of our products are public and on Github. This isn’t just a nice-to-have, but is core to how we work.
We work together and collaborate with each other daily. As a frontend developer you’ll work closely with our Developer Experience and our backend engineering team.
We’re a distributed team, and work with colleagues in London, San Francisco and Berlin.
We’re flexible in our working practices with a low process overhead. We have flexible working hours and people are given the tools to get their job done. You’re responsible for your work and have the freedom to get it done.
We’re pragmatist with technology. We care about solving problems for the users well first and foremost.
We continually use our own product to monitor and deploy our systems.
- A modern front end stack using React/Redux, D3, ES6, and SASS.
- A microservice architecture deployed using best architectural practices
- A backend written mostly in Go and running in the cloud
- Write reactive web UIs that display complex data and are easy to navigate
- Propose new UI designs and participate in design reviews
- Collaborate with back-end engineers on new features
- Participate in code reviews
- Respond to UX feedback from users
- Evaluate and implement new front-end technology
- Can design user experiences
- Can design and implement user interfaces
- Able to diagnose and solve client-side performance issues
- Can diagnose and remedy frontend security issues
- Can configure and use front end interface tests using headless browsers
- Can configure and use front end unit testing tools
Weaveworks is a Google Ventures backed startup with offices in San Francisco, London, and Berlin. We are committed to open source software. We offer full medical benefits. Weaveworks is a family friendly company that believes in and is committed to equality - so we offer flexible working hours, vacation and parental leave. We encourage a good work-life balance in our policies.
Weaveworks aims to empower developers, no matter their background, to take advantage of container technology such as Docker to build faster and more scalable applications. We believe that container software will change the way developers create applications, so much so that many approaches are yet to be imagined. Help us build open source software tools that other developers use to tame their containerized applications.