London office based
Who We Are:
At Weaveworks our mission is to help the world’s leading organisations to adopt Kubernetes and other Cloud Native technologies and working practises. Enterprises use our products and services to build better software and operate it reliably, at scale. Our approach brings together container-based application deployment, Kubernetes and operations tooling in a model we call GitOps.
We work across the full range infrastructure (e.g. storage, security and networking), public clouds (e.g. AWS, GCP, Azure), cloud native technologies (e.g. Kubernetes and Istio) and application operations (e.g. Prometheus). Our approach ensures the surrounding practises (e.g. CI/CD and CRE/SRE) are embedded so that customers can operate their cloud native platform.
This role is suitable for someone who relishes the challenge of being involved with cutting edge technologies and complex customer needs. This role requires 75% travel. This may be UK or overseas travel, and could be from a few days to a few weeks at a time.
As a Customer Success Engineer, you will be responsible for providing outstanding customer success. As part of the Customer Success team, you will work directly with customers and partners providing multi-level troubleshooting and technical support. You will work with the extended team and engineering assisting to resolve complex technical issues and interfacing between clients and Product Development/Engineering/third-party vendors.
- Provide stellar customer success assistance to Weaveworks customers and partners.
- Prioritize your work in order to accomplish the most important and urgent tasks first
- Keep on learning as our products and services grow and evolve
- Maintain a proactive approach to customer and partner satisfaction, identifying and escalating concerns before they become problems
- Strive for regular communication and information exchange with the rest of the team, locally and remotely
- Collaborate within Customer Success and Engineering in order to resolve delivery issues and in order to produce bug fixes, patches, test cases as appropriate
- Contribute your technical documentation and proven methods to a common services knowledge base (KB) and keep it up to date
- Thrive in a diverse and globally distributed team environment,
Skills and expertise
- Degree in a technology related field or minimum of 4 years experience in a devops based environment, ideally in a customer success or support services related position
- Hands on experience with cloud native related tools and technology, containers, git/github, kubernetes, cloud services such as AWS and Azure.
- Experience with technical troubleshooting and problem solving of linux systems covering containers, networking, storage.
- Ability to learn quickly, thrive on change and handle the pressure of a customer and partner facing role.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Any form of involvement in the Open Source community
- Advanced programming and scripting languages knowledge
- Must be able to work legally in the United Kingdom
- Not accepting contractor or other non-permanent candidates