Weaveworks, Bay Area
The Weaveworks Developer Experience team is looking for a community manager to help build and help its community of users in Silicon Valley (primarily the peninsula and the south bay). Your responsibilities will include:
- Weave Online User Group: To date, we have over 1,700 users in our global meetup groups and over 1,100 in our online group. In the spring and fall, we have an online series twice a month with guest speakers from Google, AWS, etc. and you would own curating the series and working with the Marketing team to spread the word.
- Weave User Group meetups: You’ll help grow Weaveworks’ presence in the bay area by organizing in-person meetups in SF, the peninsula, and the south bay.
- In-person events: You will help to organize in-person workshops and events where our Developer Advocates teach and speak about technologies in the container space.
- Meetup relationships: You’ll attend relevant meetups, network with thought leaders to invite as speakers, meet potential users and see if Weave is a good fit, build relationships with the meetup organizers, and potentially sponsor meetups.
- Travel: This role may include assisting Marketing for technology events, but the primary focus is on building our community presence in the bay area.
You’ll be a great fit if you:
- Love building and helping communities, networking and meeting people, and learning about new technologies.
- are organized and have project management or event management experience.
- have a passion for learning about the technologies relevant to Weaveworks.
- have existing relationships with relevant open source or technology communities (optional)
- might have an interest in learning Developer Advocate or Sales Engineer skills such as blogging, speaking, coding, or talking about our product (optional).
- Minimum 2 years experience with responsibilities involving some form of coordination, organization, office management, events management, project management, or related experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the desire to share knowledge with the team and community.
- A team and community player: communicating with and investing in the team and the community for long-term healthy relationships.
- We welcome candidates with diverse backgrounds, for example, fluency in more than one language or culture.
The Community Manager position lives within Weaveworks’ Developer Experience team. This role is in the San Francisco office, but allows WFH possibilities to help build the growing Weave community in the peninsula and south bay. Your role touches almost all areas of the company, especially with other members of the DX team, PM/Eng/Support, PR/Marketing, and Business Dev. Our charter is to contribute to open source communities such as Kubernetes and Prometheus, build integrations, and build and support our community of Weave Cloud users.
Weaveworks is a Google Ventures backed startup with offices in San Francisco, London, and Berlin. We are committed to open source software. We offer full medical benefits. Weaveworks is a family friendly company that believes in and is committed to equality - so we offer flexible working hours, vacation and parental leave. We encourage a good work-life balance in our policies. More information: https://www.weave.works/company/hiring/