Weave is the all-in-one customer communication and engagement platform for small and medium size businesses . Founded in 2008 in Utah, U.S.A, the first Utah company to join Y Combinator, Weave has set the bar for Utah startup achievement & work culture. In the past year, Weave has been included in the Forbes Cloud 100, Inc. 5000 fastest-growing companies in America, and Glassdoor Best Places to Work.
At the core of Weave's growth are our people. We are passionate about providing an amazing workplace for accomplished people who demonstrate our core values: Hungry, Creative, and Caring. Don't believe us? Check out why our employees, their families, and our 20,000+ customers love Weave visit our website or head to our Instagram page @workatweave to see what our employees are up to.
What you will love about us
- Medical benefits cover General Insurance/Accidental/Term
- Reimbursement for phone, internet and gym
- Flexible PTO and work schedules (Over & above Casual/ Paid Leaves)
- Parental PTO- best in the industry!
- Weave’s in-house coaching initiative
- We believe in diversity and inclusion! Join one of our Peer Resource Groups
- People, not Employees Culture
We’re looking for incredible, well-rounded engineers to join our team. If you’re the right one for us, you love developing mobile applications for Android and iOS, take great pride in your work, think of coding as more than just a job, and have a few great projects to show off. You can take a concept and transform it into an awesome mobile application with your own technical and UI/UX expertise. Our technology of choice is Flutter to develop our applications in a unified code base. If you don’t have any experience in Flutter but you’re ready to dive in and learn it then that’s great! Most of our codebase is native Kotlin/Java for Android, Swift for iOS, and still needs support as we transition it to Flutter.
You will be joining a team of talented engineers that share a common interest in distributed systems, their scalability, and continued development. You will get a chance to apply and grow your engineering skills to help bring local companies closer to the people they serve.
Our teams are cross-functional agile teams composed of a product manager, back-end, and front-end engineers. Teams are highly autonomous with the ownership and ability to act in Weave’s best interest.
Above all, your work will impact the way our customers experience Weave while working closely with a highly skilled team to accomplish varying goals and cultivate our phenomenal culture.
What engineers do at Weave
- Build features targeting Weave's mobile apps using Flutter (Dart), as well as some native Android (Kotlin/Java) and iOS development (Swift).
- Communicate with other teams and individuals to coordinate work efforts
- Be responsible for long term code quality of what you write and maintain
- Pitch in where needed as a valued member of an autonomous, cross-functional team
- Enjoy collaborating in a high-trust environment
- Truly have great days, almost every day!
- 3+ years experience software engineering experience
- 1+ years experience with at least one of the mobile platforms we use (Android, iOS, Flutter)
- Experience with building high-performance, reusable code, e.g. UI components
- Experience with consuming ReSTful APIs
Additional Skills (great if you have these, you'll learn them if you don't)
- Experience with Flutter. We are transitioning from separate native mobile apps to a unified Flutter application that can be published on both Android and iOS.
- Experience working with GraphQL
- Experience with publishing applications in Apple’s App Store, and the Google Play Store