***Remote work is available for this role***
Weave is the all-in-one customer communication and engagement platform for small business. The first Utah company to join Y Combinator, Weave has set the bar for Utah startup achievement & work culture. In the past year, Weave has been included in the Forbes Cloud 100, Inc. 5000 fastest-growing companies in America, and Glassdoor Best Places to Work.
At the core of Weave's growth are our people. We are passionate about providing an amazing workplace for accomplished people who demonstrate our core values: Hungry, Creative, and Caring. Don't believe us? Check out why our employees, their families, and our 20,000+ customers love Weave visit our website or head to our Instagram page @workatweave to see what our employees are up to.
What you will love about us
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance- we cover 75%!
- Flexible PTO and work schedules
- Free haircuts at our onsite salon
- Parental leave + baby benefits! House cleanings, meals, and one year of free diapers provided
- Brand new building including a huge onsite gym
- 401k with company match
- People, not Employees Culture
- Commuter benefits (UTA Pass)
- Company holiday and summer events
- Weave’s in-house coaching initiative
- We believe in diversity and inclusion! Join one of our Peer Resource Groups
What You Will Own
Weave is looking for engineers hungry for fun challenges who can join our self-empowered teams and contribute in both technical and non-technical ways.
You will be joining a team of talented engineers that share a common interest in distributed systems, scalability, and continued development. You will get a chance to apply and grow your engineering skills to help bring local companies closer to the people they serve.
Our teams are cross-functional agile teams composed of a product manager, back-end, and front-end engineers. Teams are highly autonomous with the ownership and ability to act in Weave’s best interest.
Above all, your work will impact the way our customers experience Weave while working closely with a highly skilled team to accomplish varying goals and cultivate our phenomenal culture. What engineers do at Weave:
- Build features and maintain back-end services using Go (GoLang) microservices (current)
- Communicate with other teams and individuals to coordinate work efforts
- Be responsible for long term code quality of what you write and maintain
- Write reliable web services deployed using containers on Kubernetes
- Pitch in where needed as a valued member of an autonomous, cross-functional team
- Enjoy collaborating in a high-trust environment
- Truly have great days, almost every day!
What You Will Need to Accomplish the Job
- 8+ years of experience with back-end languages, e.g. Go, Java, Ruby, Python, C#, etc. (Go is a major plus)
- Willing to learn a new and exciting language - Go
- 3+ years of experience building ReSTful web services
- Experience working with distributed systems, and inter-service communication protocols and APIs, e.g ReST, protobufs/gRPC, NSQ, etc.
- Experience working with relational databases and SQL
What Will Make Us Love You (great if you have these, you'll learn them if you don't)
- Deploying into a public cloud service (especially GCP)
- Experience with containerization (Docker/Kubernetes)
- Experience with protobufs/gRPC
- Solid understanding of distributed systems and building scalable/redundant service
- Experience with breaking up monolithic applications into microservices
- Experience with service monitoring, metrics, alerting, log aggregation, and tracing
- Experience with functional/acceptance testing