Weave supports small business owners by providing an all-in-one platform to help them communicate with, and grow their customer base. With Weave’s complete business toolbox, small businesses can streamline their communication, payments and marketing - all from one place - and continually provide a phenomenal customer experience.
At the core of Weave’s growth are our people. We are passionate about providing an amazing workplace for talented people who demonstrate our core values: Hungry, Creative, and Caring. In 2019, Weave received several significant awards, including the Fortune 100 Best Companies, Forbes Cloud 100, and Inc. 5000 fastest-growing companies.
Don’t believe us? Check out why our employees, their families, and our 19,000+ customers love Weave - Our Story OR head to our Instagram page @workatweave to see what our employees are up to.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401k with match
- Financial Planners
- Flexible PTO
- Family Friendly (Family activities)
- New office with amenities
- Generous maternity/paternity policy
- Commuter benefits (UTA Pass)
- Flexible schedules (currently working from home due to Covid-19)
- Weave’s in-house coaching initiative: Help clarify goals, gain self-awareness, commit to action steps, etc.
- Career growth opportunities in hyper-growth company
This position is responsible for assisting businesses in implementing technology solutions in a cost effective manner by determining the requirements of a project or program, participating in the solution-ing and design of requirements implementation, and communicating results to / obtaining sign-off from stakeholders. Technical business analysts may be assigned by project, line of business or technology platform and are expected to participate in every stage of the software development and/or implementation lifecycle, from analysis and design, through testing, release and maintenance while adhering to current System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) processes. Technical business analysts work closely with various customers including their immediate project teams, business unit representatives and other technical staff members, often facilitating and coordinating the communication among all parties, including vendors. The senior technical business analyst will be responsible for working on the most complex business projects and for providing strong advice and counsel to their customers on solution options, costs, timelines, designs and implementation. The senior technical business analyst will be responsible for mentoring more junior colleagues.
- Acts as a primary technical member of the project team, overseeing and documenting decisions that occur throughout the project lifecycle. Elicits specific requirements using interviews, data analysis, modeling tools, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business process analysis and task and workflow analysis. Heavy participation in architecting the logical design of the system with the architects and developers, including screen design and specifications, data modeling, and documentation of logical processing flows. Writes requirements and translates specifications to technical experts.
- Serves as the liaison between the customer community (internal and external customers) and the software development team through which requirements flow. Identifies potential technical problems before they occur and helps implement solutions by thoroughly validating all system changes relative to assigned work. Works with the business technology team as an advocate of the business unit supported. Critically evaluates information gathered from multiple sources, reconciles conflicts and distinguishes user requests from the underlying true need. Influences others to achieve project results. Escalates issues when necessary.
- Documents technical information, project information and develops training material. Writes and executes functional and performance-focused test scripts. Collaborates with Testing/QA team in the execution of User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Delegates tasks to project team members with clear deliverables and expected time frames. Follows up on progress of delegated tasks. Maintains accountability for delegated items.
- Uses technical skills and tools to review and analyze data, troubleshoot databases, applications, web services, system logs and utilities, in support of existing and new systems and/or initiatives. Monitors progress of projects utilizing work management tools, and works to overcome challenges.
- Acts as the liaison between the business and technology development teams.
- Works closely with technology, project, and business managers as well as cross-functional staff to ensure timely execution of project milestones. Responsible for responding to feature/functionality business and technical issues, while supporting escalated tickets generated from the service desk. Develops a roadmap for meeting the short and long term objectives.
- Bachelor’s Degree plus 7 years work experience (as described in the minimum years of experience below) – OR - 10 years comparable work experience
- 7 years of experience working directly with technology or interfacing with technology with 4+ years working on moderate to complex projects
- Combination of 5+ years of the following:
- Basic structured query language (SQL) scripts
- 3+ years working directly with Salesforce Sales Cloud is required
- Requirements gathering and analysis / break down of large requests into user stories and/or component parts
- System and system integration design based on requirements
- Agile or agile-variant software development methodologies
- Understanding of testing concepts through the software development lifecycle (unit, performance, regression) and capability to write test cases and test plans
- Proven strength in interpreting customer business needs and translating them into application and operational requirements
- Experience with business and technical requirements analysis, business process modelling/mapping, and data modelling
- Strong experience with incident management, leading both on and off-hours ad hoc support teams
- Strong experience with various software development methodologies such as Agile, SCRUM
- Excellent communicator - Ability to communicate verbally and in technical writing to all levels of the organization in a proactive, contextually appropriate manner
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Execute root cause analysis of systems and data issues
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent understanding of business process
- Strong ability to think through workflows and the characteristics that make each workflow different
- Proven ability to prioritize work by dividing time, attention and effort between assigned workload and on-going support tasks
- Proven ability to easily adapt to changes in processes, procedures and priorities
- IIBA or PMI-PBA certification preferred
- Knowledge on Query Language (SQL), Web Services, SOAP and/or REST preferred not required